twenty seven

"Repeat that again." The officer frowned, hearing the words spew out of Solana's mouth.

"Diamond is my sister." Solana mumbled.

"Is she on any type of medicine? Maybe we should let her sleep it off first." The police officer replied, standing up from his chair.

"My parents kicked Diamond out because she was sleeping around with everyone in the neighborhood. They didn't want her to ruin their reputation. That's when she moved here with her friend Mesha."

"When I was seventeen me and this guy started hanging out. I thought he was really cool and cute. One day he convinced me to have sex with him, so I did. I found out I was pregnant and that he had a girlfriend. When she found out I was pregnant, her and her friends jumped me making me miscarry."

"I went to the hospital and they billed everything to my father's insurance as an abortion. When my parents found out, they kicked me out so I contacted Diamond. She told me that I could come up here with her so I did. I found out that she did crack and other drugs." Solana explained.

"So about the molestation?" The police officer asked.

"Diamond wasn't the sister I thought she was. Everytime I looked at her I saw a monster. She told me that she would take care of me if I just did everything she wanted me to. One day I forgot to wash her uniforms and she had her friend hold me down while she drowned and touched me." Solana stated.

"How long has this been going on?" The officer asked.

"Months. I was hoping that today she would end it all for good, but you guys came." Solana replied.

"I'm sorry ma'am how old are you again?"

"I turned eighteen today." Solana said biting down on her lip, avoiding Heaven's eyes. She knew that Heaven would probably judge her for lying about her age.

"Can you give us a detailed description of your sister and her accomplices?"

Solana nodded and started describing Diamond. She made sure she included tattoos, birthmarks, and scars. She then moved on to Diamond's friends who she became familiar with.

"That's all for now. Thank you." The police offer said, standing up with the detective. He had heard enough. They both left out the room leaving Solana and Heaven.

"You think I'm a compulsive liar don't you?" Solana chuckled, breaking the silence.

"No I think you are a kid who was scared to say something." Heaven replied.

"I deserve everything that happened. My parents were right, I'm a mistake." She chuckled, shaking her head.

"You're not a mistake, you were just born into a fucked up ass family." Heaven mumbled.

"So where am I gonna go when they release me?" Solana asked.

"We'll figure it out." Heaven replied. Honestly she didn't know if letting Solana live with her would be a great idea. It was only because she wouldn't be able to watch Solana.

Solana needed help. She was clearly suicidal, and with Heaven's job and dealing with Daloni, she wasn't sure if she was the proper person for Solana to be living with.

~

"You not gone talk to me?" Cane asked Heaven, watching her fix plates for the kids and Zylin. Surprisingly Sharon gave her the day off, because she had did a good deed. Heaven used that time to cook dinner for her family.

Cane had just dropped her car off to her, but wasn't leaving until Heaven had explained why she was giving him the cold shoulder.

"Damn Heaven, I didn't fucking know!" Cane yelled.