🖤💖First day Struggles-Chenle

Request by: Hudable

This didn't turn out as angsty as i wanted it but i kinda struggled with an idea for this...i hope you like it regardless i'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted!

Even though chenle was very much used to the idol life, as he had been performing since he was very young, adjusting to Korea was a whole different story.

Chenle was born in China, he grew up there, spoke mandarin and sang in mandarin. Learning Korean didn't seem so hard at first and he felt as though he was learning fairly quickly but that didn't mean he was fluent right away.

After he moved away from home and became a trainee under SM he struggled way more than he had imagined. Learning to be an amazing dancer and keeping up with his language study was a lot for a young boy to handle.

He had finally debuted with nct dream and was living with six other boys in a dorm under SM entertainment.

He was so excited to have finally debuted but that meant he had even more work ahead of him.

One night he was going over his schedule at the kitchen table while the rest of the dreamies were hanging out in the living room. he had been listening in on their conversations as he wrote down some notes in his notebook and was snapped out of his trance when he saw haechan standing in front of him looking kind of annoyed.

"hello? Earth to chenle?" he snapped his fingers and the boy quickly sat up and looked at the older boy.

"oh, sorry hyung, what is it?"

Haechan sighed and said something to chenle but all chenle heard was gibberish.

He blinked his eyes in confusion for a second thinking maybe haechan was messing with him.

"sorry, what hyung?"

Haechan was clearly annoyed. He huffed frustrated and repeated what he said but once again, chenle had no idea what he was saying.

"seriously this kid... are you deaf chenle?! Why are you ignoring me?" haechan crossed his arms and huffed.

Chenle couldn't help but panic a little bit. Why couldn't he understand him? his Korean was getting better, he could usually engage in conversation fairly easily, but he really couldn't pick out any words he recognized coming from haechan's mouth.

"hyung..i...I don't understand..." he said shakily.

Haechan was angry and annoyed. He slammed his hand on the table and yelled the same thing loudly but chenle still had no idea what he was saying.

Now he was really freaking out. His chest tightened and pressure built up behind his eyes.

"what is your problem chenle? You think your better than me cuz you're all rich or whatever?"

Just then Renjun and jeno rushed over to defuse the situation.

"hey, hey, hyuck calm down, don't yell at him okay." Jeno said firmly noticing that chenle seemed upset.

"chenle, are you okay?" Renjun asked gently.

Chenle couldn't understand a single thing they were saying. He stepped back his hands tugging at his hair as he tried to figure out what was going on.

"woah, chenle? What's the matter?"

"i...I can't...I don't understand...i...I can't be here! i...I need to get out...this is too much i.. i" he was mumbling in Chinese and even Renjun could barely understand what the hell he was babbling about.