TWENTY NINE

XXIX

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Genuine question, Rafe." Cal paused, her eyes flickering over the boys stood staring at her before looking at Rafe once again. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Rafe just let go of a low chuckle, looking around at the boys before grabbing Cal's bicep and pulling her to one side. He didn't want any of them to know he had a soft spot for her.

"You should be grateful that your ass isn't being thrown out too." Rafe harshly whispered.

Cal raised her brows in shock, she couldn't believe him right now. The words just kept flying out of his mouth, it's like he wasn't thinking about anything he was saying.

"I should be grateful?" Cal paused. "What should I be grateful for exactly, Rafe? That you were going to beat the shit out of my brother, or that you blatantly ignored me when I told you to leave him the fuck alone." Cal pushed the boy back, she was so angry that he didn't listen to her. "Oh or maybe that you didn't step in when another guys hands were around my fucking throat."

She thought that he cared about her, after all he always told her that she was important to him and that he loved spending time with her. She just was beginning to think it wasn't true.

She couldn't believe that she forgave him for what he did with the cops. But he has hurt JJ too many times. This time she had to make a stand. He had to know that it wasn't okay.

The red head turned around but before she could walk away, Rafe grabbed her bicep. Cal didn't hesitate on slapping the boy across the face. Rafe brought his hand up to lightly touch his now stinging skin, a smirk forming on his face as his eyes flickered up and down the girl.

"Oh, sweetheart, you really shouldn't have done that." Rafe tutted.

"I'm not scared of you, Rafe." Cal shook her head at the boy before walking away.

"Where do you think you're going, we're not finished." Rafe shouted as he chased after the girl.

"Oh. I think we are." Cal snapped back, making Rafe freeze. He stopped walking and took in what Cal had said.

He felt like his whole world had stopped spinning, and she just carried on walking as if she hadn't said anything. His heart was shattered. He felt like he could've breathe properly.

"Cal?" He weakly whispered, but she was too far gone to hear him.

"It's okay everybody, do not panic." JJ shouted, throwing his hands up in the air, gaining everyone's attention. "Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them."

Cal slowly went to stand beside Sarah and Ward. Ward had a disapproving look on his face as his eyes flickered between the Maybank twins, but Sarah shot him a look before he was able to say anything about it.

"Rose! You look like Lady Liberty." JJ pointed to the blonde woman, making Cal have to bite back a laugh. "It's good to see you again."

The girl rested her head on Sarah's shoulder. Sarah could almost instantly tell that something was wrong with Cal, her eyes didn't seem a bright and her smile was clearly fake. Sarah place her hand over Cal's and gave a reassuring squeeze.

"Let go of him." Kie shouted, making everyone turn to her now. "You can't just boot him."

"Excuse me, ma'am?" The security guard questioned confused.

"I invited him here. I'm a member of this club." Kie continued, despite her parents whispering for her to stop.

Cal glanced up at Kie, her eyes drifting to Rafe, who was already looking back at her longingly. The red head just rolled her eyes and subconsciously stepped closer to Sarah. She couldn't see herself forgiving him any time soon. He'd taken it too far. First Pope, now JJ.

JJ turned around and shoved the security guard backwards, making him tumble into some of the guests.

"Sorry about that. Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie. Pope, you as well alright?" JJ paused before making eye contact with his sister. He felt guilty that she wasn't in on the gold with the rest of them, but he knew that it would be better that way. "Cal, enjoy your night, see you at JB's."

Cal saluted, a smile on her face at the fact that no matter what her brother goes through, he always managed to put a smile on everyone else's faces. He always acted as if he was okay and Cal wasn't sure how much longer that act would last.

"Workers of the world unite. Throw off your chains." JJ shouted as he walked backwards, his eyes on Kie the whole time.

The girl laughed as she watched her brother and friends run off with one another. She missed not being as close to them as she used too, but she blamed that on the fact that she became busy with Rafe.

She looked across to Sarah, who had been watching the pogues in awe. Cal playfully elbowed Sarah before leaning across and whispering,

"You're drooling over JB." Sarah quickly wiped her mouth, almost as if she was actually drooling, which made Cal let go of a laugh.

Rafe cleared his throat as he stood in front of his sister and Cal. He now had their full attention, which he didn't prepare himself for. He had rehearsed what to say to the girl, but now he was stood in front of her it didn't seem good enough.

"Cal-"

"No." Cal spoke up before Rafe could even finish what he was going to say. "No, we can't talk. No, we can't go to your room and fuck. No, no and no. Leave me alone, Rafe. I don't want to talk to you, heck I don't even want to be near you right now."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan