↳ 3.06

dudley's ton tongue

August 24th, 1994

THEY WOULDN'T BE the Weasleys if they were on time

Daisy had the biggest urge to roll her eyes as she waited patiently by the fireplace for... Well, she didn't know what for. Mr. Weasley had to make some urgent phone calls about connecting fireplaces and what not. Ron changed three times before finally decided to wear the clothes he wore initially. The twins came out of their room wearing fanny packs, and Daisy could guess what's hidden inside already.

By the time the party of five were ready, at last, they were already running half an hour late.

Mr. Weasley casted Incendio onto the fireplace, threw in a pinch of Floo dust, and stepped in first. Fred immediately followed. Then Daisy.

Her feet never stepped into the Weasleys' fireplace, because she was spinning through the magical channel the moment her sole touched the green flame. She basked in the exhilarating feeling that she had come to miss, smiling all the while, until her forehead knocked into something really hard.

"Ouch!"

Contrary to their expectation, they arrived to a dark, narrow, musty, unknown space.

"Oh my—" Daisy coughed, "Fred?"

"Here!"

Daisy felt warmth behind her, and she knew that Fred had moved to stand behind her back. She guessed that the loud banging and scrapings were made by Mr. Weasley.

"Ouch! Fred, Daisy, no— go back, go back, there's been some kind of mistake. Tell George to— OUCH!"

Too late. George came barreling in, right onto Fred and Daisy.

"What's going on?"

"George! No, there's no room, go back quickly and tell Ron—"

"Maybe Harry can hear us, Mr. Weasley," Daisy proposed, feeling more and more suffocated by the seconds, "Maybe he'll be able to let us out."

Mr. Weasley turned quiet for a second before he banged louder onto the board surrounding them. "Harry?! Harry, can you hear us?"

"Freddie, move over a bit—"

"Daisy's in front of me, George, we're sandwiched—"

"Hush!"

"Harry! Are you there?"

Then, a series of knock was heard, and Daisy breathed out in huge relief. "Mr. Weasley? Can you hear me?"

"Yes! Yes!"

"It's Harry... The fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through there."

"Damn!" Mr. Weasley said. "What on Earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?"