11

Shortly after me and Alexa had finished catching up, mainly me telling her about what happened with Lane leaving me for dead and how I was Zanes first mate. Yet he was my second, the guys had came and got us for dinner.

Which was fantastic by the way. Hats off to chef Rudy, that man really knows his was around the kitchen. He made us Steak, baked potatoes, asparagus, corn on the cob and homemade rolls with cinnamon butter that just melted into heaven on my tongue. With homemade apple pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Thankfully there was no sign of bozo the entire evening. Felix and Alexa wasted no time going back to 'their' room, and having some alone time. I wouldn't be surprised if my sister is marked and turned tomorrow, her first shift would be this weekend under the full moon.

I wanted to text her and ask her how her room was, and if she was going to let him mark her tonight. Sadly I lost my phone the night Lane tried to kill me, I'm guessing he took it. So without my phone I'm now stuck in Zanes room with him, and I could cut the awkwardness with a knife.

Say something, anything.. please.

"So about that conversation we were having earlier."

Okay, nope. Nevermind, anything but that.

"Why are your elites called Shadow Demons?"

I whisper the last part, though I'm not sure why. I know I'm acting awkward as fuck right now.

"Oh, you've heard of that huh?"

It's zanes turn to act awkward, but instead he just laughs it off.

"My pack is known for its special set of skills, once your Luna you'll know all about it."

"Once I'm Luna? Shouldn't I have the right to know what I'm getting into before hand?"

"Perhaps you do, but that doesn't change anything. I can't tell you anything until you're Luna, because what if I tell you and you decide to reject me? What if all you want is to know my packs secrets and then you leave? I wouldn't be a good Alpha if I allowed such things to be possible."

Damn, he's right there.

"Touché Alpha."

"Don't think changing the subject is going to make me forget the original topic sweetheart."

Fuck

"What about it?"

"I want to know his name."

"Why?" That one earns me a growl.

"Why do you think!? He almost killed my mate!"

"Well I was his mate at the time."

Wrong thing to say.. I REPEAT WRONG THING TO SAY!! ABORT, REDO, REWIND.. FUCK!!

I can tell he's literally only seconds away from shifting, so I do the only thing I can think of, I kiss him. When I say it was like nothing I've ever felt before, I mean it. Not even sex with Lane could compare to this kiss. It just felt so, right. Like he is who I was suppose to be kissing my entire life.

Sparks ignited my entire body, butterflies were in my stomach, chest, and vag. I knew he could smell my arousal because he pulled me close and I could hear him growl deep in his throat, plus I could feel his erection. He backs me up to the couch and lays me down, slowly lowering himself on top of me.

No, no, no. This is suppose to happen.

I snap myself out of my almost-sex-trance and focus on how to stop this before it goes too far. He's already kissing down the side of my neck, nipping at the spot where he would mark me.

Goddess, please someone save me.

Just then there was a knock at the door.

At least you heard me this time, that's a first.

I can tell Zane isn't happy about it, he acts like he didn't hear it and keeps assaulting my neck. Until the knock gets louder, and he gets off of me growling the whole time mumbling about killing whoever was at the door.

"WHAT!" Zane snaps at whoever, and I feel kind of bad for the mystery person.

"I'm sorry Alpha, but there's rogues about three miles outside of our eastern boarder. Don't know if they're friendly or hostile yet, thought you'd like to know though."

"Fuck. Okay I'll be there in just a minute, get Felix and a few elites and I'll meet you there."

"Felix, Adam, Ranger and Jason are already headed there sir."

"Fine, I'll be there shortly." Zane slams the door in the poor guys face.

"I'm sorry love, we'll have to finish this later."

"Who was that?" I have to admit I'm slightly curious who else has access to get up here.

"My Gamma KC."

He answers while taking his phone and a change of clothes and placing them in a bag to take with him.

"I'll be back shortly, feel free to go see your sister if you want. I still haven't had the chance to add y'all to the scanner so you'll both have to stay up here."

Of course.

He gives me a quick kiss, then he's out the door. Part of me wants to go see my sister, but part of me just wants to sleep. I choose the latter, and head off to find the bedroom when there's another knock at the door.

Figures

I already know who it is, the only other person left on this floor with me. So I make my way to the door and glance through the peep hole just to be sure. Sure enough it's Lex, so I open up and let her in.

"Oh my God! The room is amazing! Looks a lot like this one just different colors and furniture and stuff."

She's giggling the entire time, but I'm happy she's happy. And I can't help but laugh at her saying continuously saying God instead of Goddess.

"That's great Lex. You know you're gonna have to get use to saying oh my Goddess instead right? You're around shifters and going to be one yourself. We worship a female, the moon Goddess Selene. And sorry I was going to text you, but ya know. No phone and all."

"I know, that's why I decided to come see you real quick. I think I'm going to let Felix mark me tonight. I wanted to ask you if it hurts."

"I wouldn't know, I've never been marked. I was born a shifter, remember."

"I know, I know. I meant shifting for the first time. Does it hurt?"

"I guess it depends. For me not really, but I have Alpha blood and my phase was instantaneous. I didn't feel anything, but some say it hurts. The people who aren't as lucky to change so quickly the first time."

"Oh, I see."

"But you're a Betas mate! You're going to be a female Beta, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It'll probably be just as quick for you."

"Yeah, I hope you're right."

We talk for a few more minutes before she leaves and I head off to find the bedroom once more. I'm honestly beyond exhausted at this point and I just want to sleep.

Once I finally find it, I'm in awe. It's completely and utterly gorgeous. The bed looks so welcoming and soft, I can't help but to strip down. I find and put on one of Zanes t-shirts I found in his closet, which is huge and half empty; I'm guessing for me.

I finally make my way back to the bed that's calling my name like an old lover.

I'm coming baby, don't worry.

I snuggle into it and let darkness take me away. Too bad I didn't know before hand I wish I hadn't.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision the bedroom, but feel free to change it however you like.
P.S. Don't forget to vote & or comment!