Chapter three

Lady Whistledown:

Looks like one of the new debutants has found the liking from the queen. Daphne Bridgerton was called flawless by her majesty herself. Looks like she is incomparable. A diamond of the first waters.

But not everyone has shown so much elegant and flawless like Miss Bridgerton. The presentation from the Featherington sister's was quite the opposite. One of the sister even falls in front of her majesty. I can just think of one wort. Embarrassing.

Surprising was the sight from Miss Alexandra Durham who also is entering the social season this year. Or should we call her our little orphan? For those readers who don't know why the queen named Miss Durham this, let me explain to you. Her mother sadly died giving birth to her and then, 14 years later also her father died. The earl of Durham wants nothing to do with her and leaves her in the care of Sir Granville and his wife.

But the queen also said she looks pretty good and it is rumoured that her dowry is very large.

This year's social season will be quite interesting.

Sincerely

You're Lady Whistledown

I wake up the day after yesterday's presentation. Tonight is the Danbury ball and I'm excited to present my dress. And hopefully to dance with some gentlemen. So I get dressed in something simple and go to the dining room to eat my breakfast. Lucy and Henry sit both on the dining table as I enter the room.

"Good morning my sweet family." I greed them happy with a smile on my face. They both raise their heads from a paper to look at me.

"Good morning little orphan." Henry teasingly greets me.

"Lucy you have told him what the queen said to me? Really?"

"I have said nothing. It stands all here." She says and hands me the paper they both where reading before. It take it and look on it. 'Lady Whistledown's society papers' stands above. I read it through. Of course she must tell my family story. Now the will whisper even more.

"Who is this Lady Whistledown?" I ask curious.

"This is the thing. No one knows who she is. The papers where handed out in the morning. With no charge." Henry answers my question.

"With no charge?" This is very interesting. Not that someone makes a scandal sheet but the fact that they hand it out with no charge is something new.

I spent my day making some last stitches on one of my dresses for the upcoming events, together wit Genevieve. The time flies by and soon I must get ready for the Danbury ball.

Lady Danbury is a very kind woman who also was friends with my father. She was the person who introduced father to Sir Granville. Since I was a child, I always enjoyed her company.

My dress for this evening is violet and grey with ruffles decorated. I decide to wear my amethyst neckless. It is not the expensive jewellery in my collection, but one of them which I like the most. You must see that Lady Whistledown was right when she said my dowry is very large. My father had a nice pile of money and a wonderful cottage a little bit outside from London. After his death, he had past all of his riches to me. My dream is it to live with my future husband and our children in this cottage, the house I lived with my father before he died.

 My dream is it to live with my future husband and our children in this cottage, the house I lived with my father before he died