Chapter 2

After a board meeting, everyone leaves the conference room, except him and a man with grey hair, a kind face with intelligent eyes covered behind golden rimmed glasses.
"I hope I did the right thing, Chatterjee uncle.", Sidharth asks, lifting his head.

Mr.Raghunath Chatterjee, the oldest friend and advisor of Dewan Groups. 
"Did you see the newspaper today? Dewan Groups has made record profit this year. You being the Chairman after Sourav was the best thing that had happened to the Dewan Group of companies. Then why do you doubt it?"
Raghunath puts the paper in front of him.

The headlines read,
Youngest chairman's triumph
As one of the youngest chairman, Sidharth Dewan took over the reins of the Dewan Groups at the age of 27 after the sudden demise of his father Sourav Dewan. One year later the companies under the group have made substantial profit.

"This is old news uncle. Yesterday's facts. Today the news of removing the CEO of SD Pharmaceuticals will be the headlines. And I will have to face her questions.", Sidharth says, rubbing his temples.
"You are the Chairman first. You have to make decisions thinking about the companies first."
"I know.. but.."
His words are left in the mid air as his phone starts to ring.

"Hello.."
"..."
"Ok.. I will be there.. hmm.."

"Just as expected, she wants me to visit her tonight for Dinner."
Raghunath smiles and puts his hand on his head, "You know how to handle everything. So don't think so much. You know I had always supported Sourav's decisions, except this one. But I couldn't do anything."

Yes he couldn't do anything when Sourav had announced his decision on one fine day. 
Sourav Dewan took the reins of Dewan Groups when he was in his early 30s. He expanded it by venturing into Pharmaceuticals,  chemicals and education sectors apart from Garment that they were in. He and his wife started doing a lot of social work too. They had  everything except their own child. One day they were at the temple when they found a few days old baby girl abandoned on the stairs. They took her with them and named her Saivi. Three years later, Mahima gave birth to a handsome baby boy. Life was good for the next 8 years. And then fate took a nasty turn and Mahima passed away in an accident along with her brother and his family.

Two years later, Sourav dropped the bomb that he wants to remarry. And a divorcee with a 14 year old boy, Nirupama entered the lives of 13 year old Saivi and 10 years old Sidharth. She was just the second wife of Sourav Dewan and never became the mother to his kids. She was just their choti mom who acted to be caring in front of Sourav. She joined  the board and became the chairperson of The Dewan Centre for Women's Development.

A lady in a white chiffon saree and sleeveless blouse sits on the sofa. She is graceful and beautiful. Finding Sidharth entering, she smiles at him. He comes and gives her a peck on her cheek and sits down.
"How are you beta? You have totally forgotten that your choti mom stays here. You don't visit me unless I call you. I have asked the servants to prepare your favourite dishes, including that fish you like."

Sidharth sits down and says,"Choti mom, I don't eat fish. Perhaps you have forgotten. In fact I hate it. It is Darshan's favourite. Anyways, I won't stay for dinner. I have somewhere to go."
The lady, Nirupama says,"Oh! I forgot. Then have coffee."
"Choti mom, come to the point. You and I both know why I am here today. Stop wasting time."
A guy, a few years older than him enters the room. He is a tall, average looking guy with short hair and a trimmed beard.

"Oh, my little brother is here! How are you feeling after insulting me?"
"Darshan stop. I am talking na. Sid, why did you remove Darshan from the CEO post?"
Sidharth gives out a deep breath and says, "All companies except SD Pharmaceuticals have made profit. This year was great for all the pharmaceutical companies except ours. It was all because of his wrong decisions. And I didn't remove him, it was the decision of the board of Directors. "