Chapter-35

ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ, ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ?
........

It was my second favorite day of the week, Friday. Second because no day can top Saturday.

The whole day was packed, with back-to-back meetings. Constant calls, scheduling and rescheduling the meetings. I didn't even have the time to have lunch but I went to the cafeteria anyway. I wasn't needed in the meeting that was going on, plus an intern was happy to replace me.

"Celeste." I heard Logan as he stood beside me. I still haven't talked to them, am I being too much? Maybe yes but who cares?

"We're not talking." I mutter, waiting for my order.

"Yeah, I've noticed." He replied dryly. "You got a boyfriend and you forgot us, afterall he's the CEO and we're just his employees, obviously you'd choose him over us." He continued.

I turned to him, his face was emotionless. "Are you listening to the shit that's coming outta your mouth? I would never leave my friends for a guy and it was not me who decided to make fun of you just because I trusted you." I reply, picking up my tray of food angrily, then instantly regretting when my juice spilled a little.

"What are you talking about? Why would I make fun of you? You think I'm like that?" He asks.

"Will you stop acting like you don't know anything? Was it not you who thought it would be fun to tell me you and Melissa kissed and then when I believed that, you made fun of me." I whisper-yelled because nosy people would love to see us argue.

"What? No. I never thought anything like that, who the heck is feeding you lies?" He asks, completely mortified at the thought.

"Melissa." I reply, suddenly feeling alot of different things inside about my friend.

"I swear to god Celeste, I never knew anything about it. It was all Melissa, she didn't even say anything when I asked her why you were not talking to us, I just thought.." He shook his head. "I'm sorry for the things I said earlier. I promise I wasn't involved in whatever shit she told you." He said.

"Where's she now?" I ask.

"She's having lunch with the new assistant manager these days, Sophia something." He says.

"God, I hate her. You know she was making fun of Caleb the other day." I tell him.

"What is wrong with Melissa?" He asks, more to himself with a frown on his face.

"Guess she isn't what we thought." I shrugged, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Maybe it was a one time thing? She won't do it again?" He says, uncertainty clear in his voice.

"Maybe, it's too soon to judge. I'm sorry, I should've confronted you." I say.

"It's fine, we were both clueless. I guess I won't be having lunch with losers anymore?" He says with a chuckle.

"You won't." I promise him. "Oh, it was dinner night today. You should come! Take it as an apology for ignoring you for days." I tell him.

"Where?" He asks.

"Chase's place."

"Nope. I'm not coming."

"He's nice I promise, he's not what y'all think him to be. He's just an adorable guy." I tell him, thinking about Chase.

"No it's not that. He's my boss, I can't go to his house for dinner you dumbass." He says, stealing the other half of my sandwich.

"Oh c'mon, think of him as my boyfriend." I nudge him.