Chapter-22

(Manik is driving his car and is thinking about Riya and how he found her in such a vulnerable state today

(Manik is driving his car and is thinking about Riya and how he found her in such a vulnerable state today.)

Manik (thinks)- Agar main time par nahi aata to... No no no. She is fine. Kuch nahi hua usse. But aaj ke baad main uss Ashwin ko Riya ke saath ye nahi karne dunga. Never.

[Manik (thinks)- If I had not reached on time then... No, no, no. She is fine. Nothing has happened to her. But after today, I won't ever let Ashwin do such things to Riya. Never.]

(He stops the car on the side and thinks something.)

Manik- But I need to do something too! Jis se uska mood thoda better ho jaye. But mujhe to pata hi nahi usse kya pasand hai. Damn it.

[Manik- But I need to do something too. Something that can make her mood a little better. But I don't even know about her likes. Damn it.]

(He then looks around on the road and spots a florist shop. He then thinks about something and gets down the car. He goes to the shop and looks around to select a bouquet. His eyes then fall on a beautiful bouquet of pink roses, and he buys that for Riya.)

(He comes back, sits in his car, and puts the bouquet on the passenger seat

(He comes back, sits in his car, and puts the bouquet on the passenger seat.)

Manik (to himself)- Wow, Manik! You have purchased a bouquet for someone. And that too, for a girl. Unbelievable.

(His heart further taunts him here.)

Heart- To biwi ke liye hi liya hai. Achi baat hai.

[Heart- You have purchased it for your wife only. It's a good thing.]

Manik (to his heart)- Shut up yaar. Ab aur drama nahi chahiye mujhe.

[Manik (to his heart)- Shut up, man. I don't want more drama now.]

Brain (tauntingly)- Haan haan. Ab to vaise hi meri zarurat nahi padti tujhe. Maamla dil ne jo sambhaal liya hai.