50: This Insight Part 2

Above song is Good to You by Marianas Trench
It fits Bash's and Sadie's relationship pretty well so check it out!

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!

Bash:

Yes, I knew who Sadie was to Lucas and to my Dad. I was home the night they went over to Sadie's house for dinner and when I got home I heard everything.

"I feel horrible," Lucas sat with Dad in the living room while his mom was already upstairs sleeping.

Dad poured himself a cup of brandy, his favorite drink. "You already made your decision."

"I know," Lucas groaned, looking away from the cup.

"You can't back out now or you know what happens."

"Isn't there another way?" Lucas tried. "I mean Sadie Jefferson is one of the sweetest most innocent girls I know."

I remember feeling utterly confused when Lucas said her name, but started to feel angry when my Dad spoke up.

"You either get that girl to fall for you or I'll make sure you never step a foot on another baseball field again," my Dad swore, an all too familiar edge to his voice. The edge that I always matched.

I strutted into the room, overcome by anger for the girl who was so kind to me when I didn't deserve it. Yes I might be an a-hole to people but I know what people deserve and when they do, and Sadie most certainly did not deserve to be played by Lucas after she told me all about her view on love the day before.

"What are you douches talking about," I asked merrily, clenching my knuckles around my Dad's bottle of brandy and pouring a glass.

"Well that's surprising," Lucas mused, "You still live here?"

When I figured out that Luca wasn't my full brother and I started to hang out with Mason, he lost all respect for me and I stopped trying to protect him. The bond we formed broke and the only thing connecting us was now an asshole abusive father.

"Put down the cup Sebastian," my Dad ordered, his hard eyes glaring at my hand wrapped around the glass.

"Oh I wasn't going to drink it." I put down the cup and watch as relief cools over my Dad's features. That is until I picked up the entire bottle which was then a third way full and brought it to my lips, chugging the entire thing.

"You son of a-" he began.

"Don't you fucking dare," I snarl.

"Bit-"

I threw the bottle as hard as I could, aiming for his head but he ducked just in time to crash against the mantel piece above the fireplace.

"You didn't even know her," he continued, itching my anger into so much more.

"You're right," I agreed, "I didn't. Sorry about the empty bottle Dad, why don't you go to the liquor store and buy a new one and hey, maybe you'll meet your future wife in the aisle again."

"You never know when to shut the fuck up," he chortled.

"If you want me to keep my mouth shut than you're gonna have to make me," I pushed. "Don't worry, your wife is upstairs sleeping, she won't know a thing."

His fist connected with my jaw and I felt the same adrenaline I do every time. You would've thought that when I beat his ass the first time I came home a few months ago, he would have backed off, but he didn't.

That night I stormed out of the house, calling the first person I could think of, Sadie, while my Dad yelled at me from behind.

So yes I knew about Luca's plans for her but no I didn't plan the whole thing to use her or to make Luca mad. You only come across a caring person like Sadie once in a lifetime and I wasn't about to ruin that. First I decided to stay friends with her because oddly enough I liked her company and I figured that when the truth revealed itself about my Dads plans for her, I would be there for her, which I was, just not in such a friendly way.

As she runs from the kitchen, tears running down her cheeks and her heart breaking I step back into the hallway. Lucas turns his head and looks surprised to find me standing there, leaning against the wall.

"You're an asshole Sebastian," he snarls, his own fists clenching. He can't see it but my own fists are clenched, hiding underneath each other as I cross my arms.

"Not as much as you are little bro," I tease, "You're the one who brought her to me today."

"You used her," he argues. "You never cared about her, I do!"

I'm about to speak up, I'm about to argue with him and tell him everything, about how she let me in, how I let her in and told her everything for the first time in forever.

That's when I notice that I let her in. I told her everything and practically served my only vulnerability, my own mother, to her on a silver platter while I bowed in front of her and kissed her feet. It goes against everything I've been building up since I was twelve. You don't let people in, you don't let them see you or they will ruin you.

So when Sadie came running down the stairs and our eyes connected and I could see the hurt painted on her face like a masterpiece I forced myself to block her out again, as much as that hurt me.

"You," she whispered, "did you..."

I force a believable smirk to paint my lips, I force my limbs to work hard enough to lift my shoulders up and drop them down. Hardest of all, I force myself to say, "Sorry Blondie."

Something aches inside of me as I watch her run from the house, her sobbing being heard all over the neighborhood.

"Way to go ass," Lucas mutters beside me.

"That should make things easier for you," I snarl and try my best not to pound his face in, even though I really want to, because the door leading to the garage opens, revealing Grace.

"Hi boys," she says merrily. Luckily she didn't see the crying girl run out of our house. "How were your days?" Even though she works as a reporter and has the weirdest hours known to man, she still somehow stays positive around us, well me. I think she's scared of me.

"Ask Sebastian," sneers Lucas.

"Don't call me that," I groan, hating the name that only my family calls me now. When I started to hang with Mason I began to go by Bash, especially in military school when I was known for bashing a lot of kids faces in at the beginning.

"What happened," Grace asks worryingly.

I turn for the stairs and start to head up them. "I think you need to have a talk with your son and husband about how to treat women."

I slam my bedroom door behind me and hesitantly look around my room.

Or course I'm instantly overcome by guilt when I see Sadie's shirt lying at my feet.

What have I done?

...
Duh-duh-duhhhhh

Rant and tell me how you're dying of feels!