Bonding

After few seconds Fury finally speaks,

"Coulson, take the kid outside with you."

Agent Coulson nods and I sit up as he says,

"come on, kid."

I follow him outside and we go out of Fury's office as we go inside an elevator,

"you think he believes me?" I ask looking down,

"He does believe you kid, but that's not his concern right now."

"Then?" I finally look up at him.

"don't worry, nothing bad will happen to you."

'not yet.'

"I really just don't wanna be a lab rat." I say out loud looking down again.

He just gives a gentle smile and put his hand on my back and elevator's doors open and we step outside. Then something comes in my mind that makes me smile and I couldn't resist asking,

"Umm..Mr. Coulson? Can you show me your captain America trading cards?"

He stops on his tracks and looks back at me surprised.

3rd POV

"So? What do you think?" Hills asks looking at Fury.

"when I woke up this morning I never thought I'd be dealing with a fortune telling teenager. we can't let anyone else know about her. Not to mention she said she doesn't trust everyone here, something in her tone tells me I can't trust my own people about this matter."

"so what we do about this alternative universe theory?"

"I just know the right person who can help."

Diya's POV

"and this one is my personal favorite, I always keep it with me. It's all vintage." Agent Coulson says showing me his trading cards with obvious excitement in his voice.

"dude, they're awesome."I reply looking at them with awe as we're sitting in a cafeteria.

'looking at them without all that dried blood is a lot better.' I think with a bit of guilt.

I couldn't help but feel guilty knowing what will happen to him future and now that he's sitting in front of me as a real person, it's even worse. Ever since I came here he's been nothing but supportive even though I expected him to be strict since that's his work as a SHIELD agent.

'oh boy. It's gonna be hard to see his death again in person. But I can change it. But should I really interfere in the sacred timeline? Would TVA show up? Not that him getting to live would change that much of timeline, but again his loss was what brought everyone together as a team. But can I really live with the guilt that I could I save someone's life but I didn't? I have already more than enough guilt to live it. This is gonna be hard."

"you okay there?" agent Coulson asks watching me dozing off to somewhere else.

'No I'm not, sir.'

"yeah. What would happen to me? Just....thinking something." I say with the best fake smile I could manage.

"you seem doze out a lot, kid." He says with a smile.

"I just never imagined I'd..be here..like this..in a movie world I've always loved." I reply looking down.

"we all go through some problems sometimes."

"yeah it's kinda...to be honest I was little happy I mean I still am, as I said, I'm a big fan. It's like a dream come true. Never thought I'd meet people in real life that I always see on a digital screen." I grine looking up at him.

"must be life changing, meeting your idols I mean. I have some too..." He says looking at his cards, "....it'd be a dream come true too if I could get them sign."

I smile at knowing I'm not the only fangirl here.

"I mean I will definitely get them sign one day..." he looks at me with a bit of hesitation in his tone, "...I will...right?" he finishes trying his best to not look embarrassed.

'oh boy.'

"yeah yeah. Yeah absolutely." I say with a fake grine again.

'I really don't have more courage. Please someone get me out of here.'

It's like all of my wishes are coming true because agent coulson gets a notification on his phone and he looks at the message and stands up being serious again,

"that's our queue. Let's go." I stand up hearing that and hand him back his cards and he puts them back in his pockets as we make our way back.

We wait for elevator to arrive as my heart is beating fast because whatever is waiting inside his office will decide my future here. The elevator arrives and we step inside, before I even know we reach our destination and the doors open,

'well, here goes nothing.'