51. BLOODTHIRSTY WEB

The aromatic drops, strong and dark hesitantly cascades down the decoction filter, the shiny one you robbed from your mom's kitchen. Taehyung's slender fingers float over the hot pan, relishing the warm steam gushing out of the boiling milk, with a child's smile.

Eventually, you pour the bubbling milk into the ceramic cups, letting it collide with the alluring decoction and Taehyung adds sugar with a brass knife since he finds them fancier than those ordinary spoons and stirs the concoction blithely.

Taehyung steps out of the kitchen, cautiously holding a glass tray over which the cups are placed, with a proud face that belongs to a 'MasterChef' winner while you hobble behind him with the bruised leg.

"Now how am I supposed to feel at ease with Espressos and Americanos on daily basis after tasting this glass of pure bliss? This is how Colombus felt after discovering the sea routes? Damn this is so good!" Manager Sejin throws a compliment for every sip.

"Why it tastes different from other types of coffee we generally have in Korea? Though it's too strong for my taste, I like the exotic aroma!" Taehyung peers into his cup, pretending to find the mystery behind its content.

"That's because, unlike other coffee types like Espresso that are brewed with coffee beans procured from all over the world, this particular coffee is brewed only with Indian grown Arabica and Peaberry, and it involves no pressure, unlike other coffee types that are brewed under high pressure. It is popularly known as Filter coffee in India and a most mandatory possession in every South Indian household!" they both listen to the coffeeholics' ramble with utmost sincerity.

"So, what's the reason behind this surprise visit?" you just forthrightly ask the question that's bugging you internally.

"Umm...we heard from Namjoon that you skid on the staircase and got hurt acutely..." Sejin seems to mentally weigh the authenticity of the reason provided while scanning your physical injuries.

Namjoon must've bluffed considering your consent in revealing the matter.

"How are you doing now? Any critical injury?" Taehyung asks with concern.

"I'm doing fine, nothing serious just bruises and scratches." You half-mindedly reply back as your mind is still deciding on disclosing the actual narrative.

"Thank goodness! Well, I actually had a different reason to meet you today, but this got added to that and urged me to visit you shortly." Sejin hesitantly reveals the prime reason behind his arrival.

"And what's that?" curiosity surges inside you.

"Bang PD asked me to discuss a few things with you before we leave for Australia. Hope you don't mind Taehyung's presence!"

"Absolutely not, please proceed on!"

"Well, you do know that Jungkook is the heir of Jeon enterprises, right?" he peers at your face to read your reaction.

"I do!" you precisely get to the point.

"And about Goenka groups_"

"Yeah, I know. Once he was talking to Namjoon-shi about the feud between both the groups, so yeah I know a bit about them too." Subtle irritation starts to bubble up internally as he continues to question the known things.

"Good, then I'll get to the point directly. Since you already know about the bad blood between the Goenka group and the Jeon group, you should also know about the times Jungkook got attacked by various hitmen and assassins." he pauses to let the shock sink in, his unwavering gaze still lingering on your face.

Though the news that Jungkook got attacked by those hitmen in the past came like a bolt from the blue, your heart trudged back to last night where Jungkook was mentioning those wild hawks waiting to tear you to shreds. You can perceive the endpoint where Sejin's words are guiding you towards, and you already know the answer to the question waiting in there.