Chapter 34 - The Trick

Violence warning ⚠️
——————————————————

*BOOM*

    (Y/N) shot awake at a loud rumble that slightly shook the apartment. Her eyes darted to the window in front of her to see the sky completely dark and cloudy, no stars or moon could be seen. But the window looked... wet? Droplets of water rolled down and covered the glass as more and more came too.

    She moved to go take a closer look but something was stopping her. She felt an arm tighten around her waist and pull her back into a chest that made her stiffen up. Following the arm from her stomach, across her side, then to her back, she saw the sleeping form of Ki in her peripheral vision then she slowly panned back to the window with a blank face.

'How did we get in this position???'

    Trying not to wake the demon, she lightly grabbed his arm with two fingers and lifted it up from her waist. His arm escaped from her hold and went back around her waist while his head buried itself deep into the back of her neck, making her freeze up even more. 'Ki, why?!?!?!'

    He wouldn't let her go. Even in his sleep, he had a firm grip on her body and held her up against him.

    She could feel him breathing against her neck. Her face scrunched up at the feeling and she desperately looked for a way out. Maybe she can scoot away or wiggle out of his hold? She can use a pillow as a decoy!

    But the only other pillows were... at the foot of the bed... and Akai was sitting there?

    The blond was sitting on the foot of the bed with his back turned to her as he waved around her knife in his hands. He tossed it into the air and spun it around between his fingers all while not managing to injure himself.

    He was her only hope out of this situation, unfortunately.

    (Y/N) tried using her foot to get his attention but he was out of reach. "Akai!" She whispered.

    He dropped the knife, spooked at her sudden voice. He leaned down to pick it up before turning around to look at her. His eyes landed on the sleeping demon and for a second, he looked annoyed. He looked back to her, not pleased at all by any of this. "Comfy?"

    Ki moved a bit to where his hand found its way to her chest and she mentally screamed. "Help!" She pointed to the pillow by his side and opened her hand out to take it.

    Akai looked at the pillow, then to her, then to the pillow again. He grabbed it and made his way to her side before crouching down to her level and glaring at Ki who slept soundly with Akai's girl in his arms. 'This bastard..'

    (Y/N) grabbed the pillow from him and sneakily inched it in between her and the arm while taking her time to move off the bed. Slowly but surely her plan was working until Akai got impatient and decided to grab her arm and rush her with getting off the bed. The sudden motion caused Ki to growl deeply and pull her back in with the pillow now in between the two. She almost yelped at this while Akai had a dark look painted on his face.

    (Y/N) could see the fire in Akai's eyes as Ki subconsciously kissed her head in his sleep before settling back down into a deeper slumber.

    After several attempts at escaping with the same results each time, she finally managed to slip the pillow in her place and crawled off the bed without waking the demon. She sat down on the floor and let a breath she was holding in.

    Akai, however, had been leaning against the wall watching her multiple failures with an unreadable expression. On the outside, he looked calm, but he was burning with rage on the inside. Deciding not to wake the demon and start unnecessary/necessary trouble, he helped the Keeper to her feet and they both moved away from the bed as to not bother Ki.