Chapter 17

Author note:
To the people that don't understand, YES you can leave your soul mate. In my story there is something called "bond breaking". Bond breaking happens in two ways, mutual agreement to disintegrate a pairing and death. For Hermione she has a different issue called " false pairing". Now that this is out of the way. Enjoy.

Draco P. O. V.

We had a very strange plan in the running to fix everything. Gio and I spent the majority, if not all of our time together. I wasn't sure if the plan was working just yet because it had only been 2 weeks since we started the plan. Despite us working together it was fun spending time with him. He was a little to playful and touchy sometimes but I didn't really mind.

It was a lot of fun and if I'm honest... I almost completely forgot the plan. I spent most of my time near the forest but today something... Caught my eye. I saw what looked like a pixie. She seemed very friendly but I had no idea where she came from. I liked her company but I guess she couldn't speak cause she hadn't said a word.

After about an hour it was time to go back to class so I told the pixie that I'd be back to see her tomorrow. She seemed to agree and flew off into the distance. I made my way to class but when I got there I was a bit confused. The class was practically empty aside from Hermione and I. I asked her what was going on and the situation seemed quite preferable.

Everyone aside from Hermione and I had to go to the hall because they have an announcement to make but they want to talk to us separately. I don't know why they would want to talk to me separately, Hermione makes sense but what do I have to do with this?

I sat with Hermione and we studied together as we wait. An hour went by before McGonagall came in to speak to us. I didn't expect to be asked what I was and honestly I didn't know how to reply.

"Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Granger, you too are our smartest students if I must say. In 4 days we are having a career fair but before that I would like to ask you what you plan to do after Hogwarts."

Hermione seemed to be just as clueless as I was. I didn't have much of a plan but she didn't either.

"Seeing as you both look like you haven't decided I would like to ask if you both would consider teaching here. "
I was stunned. One of the things I never thought was even a possibility was asked. Without a question of a doubt it's a good offer.

"I refuse" I said with a smile on my face.

McGonagall and Hermione seemed shocked. With my history in this school... Why would I stay. I may not have a career plan but I have no intention of staying here. Seeing as the conversation was clearly now finished, I left.

I returned to my room and decided it was best to play around with some of my powers. I used a spell I made and created a small pocket dimension. I masked the entrance just to be safe so no one can enter.

Seeing as it was such a nice way to spent my time. I decided why not make myself a proper home. It was the perfect was to waste time but I had no idea what to do with the outside. I checked the time and noticed it was midnight. I didn't want to be caught so I turned into my kitsune form and snuck back into the room.