Chapter 37 - The Family

"You know where they are?" Whispered (Y/N) as Tuca shrugged.

    They were in the art room away from the other two demons. Tuca didn't want them possibly overhearing him talking about his family. "There's this school across town that is hard to get to. But when I got close, I could sense my family being there. I didn't check because I wanted you to meet them first."

"But..." she thought about it. This whole time, she's wanted to meet his father for the possibility that he'll help her. But what if the family isn't at that school? What if his father isn't willing to help a human? What if Ki and Akai won't let any of this slide?

    Tuca could see that she was crossed about this. He knows that she's in danger of this I9 thing and wants to help her as much as he could as well as get her away from those two. She is his second favorite human after Mr. Khan. She's been nothing but kind and caring towards him, his father will be more than willing to help her because of that. "We can go tomorrow? And if they aren't there, I can try looking around some more."

    (Y/N) nodded but something was stopping her from fully agreeing. "What about Ki and Akai? They still don't know about your family and I don't think they'll like the idea. I'm surprised they even let you tag along."

    She checked on Akai after the whole... incident with Ki and saw that the demon was, as described, passed out at the bar with a bottle in his hand. Ki was still on the bed unconscious and he's likely to wake up with a hangover.

"I can tell them that I found food there. It's not really a lie, someone I know found a seed shop a couple of years before I got captured. She's been hooked on gardening since then."

"Who is she?" She knows that his family consisted of more than just his dad but he never talks about them besides him.

     He looked at (Y/N) as he tilted his head at something he thought of. "I grew up with her. We're very close. She's like my other half..." He seemed sad as he thought about the demon he's close with.

    (Y/N) nodded. She can understand how he felt. She missed her sister just the same, it's been years since they were last together.

    The next morning came slowly since (Y/N) spent the rest of the day and even the night learning more about Tuca's family. He talked about his father some more and how Tuca met him. About 50 years ago, Tuca was doing his usual hunting tricks with some Capturers he found. Instead of things going smoothly, one of the Capturers saw through his trick and pulled out a weapon that he had never seen before. The weapon was similar to the cross (Y/N) used to wear but this one was more like a bomb. It went off, Tuca got badly injured and was close to getting captured. But a demon, who later became his father, rescued Tuca and killed off two of the Capturers while the rest retreated. His father took care of him while Tuca healed up and was given the choice to either stay or leave. Since Tuca was still in a childlike mindset at the time, he automatically looked at the demon as his protector and decided to stay. He started calling him father soon after and the demon didn't seem to mind. He did the same with the other demons in the group, calling the females his sisters and aunts, except the demon he was talking about earlier while calling the males his brothers and uncles.

    When (Y/N) asked about any mother figure, he simply replied that none of the females wanted to be referred to as a mom. He kind of prefers it to be that way since his dad treats them all like children or siblings.

    As the sun started to shine through the windows, (Y/N) came back from using the bathroom to find her two demons finally awake and, as she predicted, hungover.

    Akai was slumped over the bar on a bar stool massaging his aching head while Ki was laid out on the couch with his arms tossed over his face. When she saw him, she immediately felt uncomfortable. How was she supposed to face him after that stunt he did yesterday?