Chapter 1: Earendil's First Day At Foxfire

Today is the day. The day that I finally start at Foxfire, our most prodigious academy, and I can't believe that I have been accepted to go there. I was supposed to go to River Valley Academy, but not anymore!! My parents couldn't be more proud. They're both in the Nobility. Emissaries to be exact, and some of the most trusted ones for the Council.

I can't wait to go to Foxfire. My older siblings, Carwen, a Level 4, and Kelbi, a Level 7, which is in the elite levels, are taken by students starting at the age of 17. Unless they skipped a grade or repeated a grade. Anyways, Carwen's ability is Guster, and Kelbi's ability is Shade. Both of them say that the academy is awesome! And that level 1 gets to be Gremlins, which is so cool!

"Earendil! C'mon! It's time to go, or you'll be late for school!"

Oop, that's my mom, Caerwyn. Her ability is Hydrokinesis. "Coming, mother!" I shouted at her, as I was running up the stairs to the Leapmaster, where I found my mother waiting for me. She gave me a stern look. At least I didn't forget anything. I was holding my satchel, with everything I needed in there. Plus, I didn't wrinkle my uniform, like she told me, so I don't know what the problem was.

I asked her, "What?" but she just looked at me, and sighed, and said, "Just, go ahead, and have a good day at school." I shrugged, and yelled, "Foxfire!" A beam of light shot from the leapmaster, and I walked to the light. A feathery feeling surrounded me as I leapt to Foxfire.

As I got there, I stood in awe, looking at the a five-story glass pyramid towered over everything from its place in the center of a wide stone courtyard. The main building wrapped around the pyramid in a sharply angled U and was made entirely out of glass. six towers-each a different color-separated the wings, and a seventh tower-another leap master-stood in the center, taller than the others. To the left sat a domed amphitheater and 2 smaller buildings. A/N Sorry, everyone! I didn't know how to describe this in my own words, so I took this from the book. I didn't know how long I stood there for, until my friend, Niphredil, brought me back. "Hi! What's up! Do you know where to go? Because I don't. I'm planning on following you!"

"Oh, uh, we enter the pyramid over there, and we sign in with our registry pedants, while the announcements are going on. And then we go to our lockers in the atrium. To get to your classes, just ask around. I'm not sure where it is though. We can go find them together."

"Wow. You sure know a lot about it. C'mon. Let's go, or we're going to be late!"

And, that was that. We took off running to the pyramid in front of us to do attendance, and listened to the announcements. The 12 Councillors got projected onto the screens, and the spokesperson, Councillor Emery started talking. The announcements have begun. "As you all probably know, Foxfire is our most prodigious school. This school got its name from a type of fungus that glows in the dark. This school is our hope - our glow- to have more and more trusted and knowledgeable elves working for the Council. Now, I believe that you principal also have stuff to say. This will be the end of our announcements. Goodbye!" All the Councillor's faces smiled, and then faded to nothing, while the new principal's face got projected onto the screens.

"Welcome to another year at Foxfire! This is quite the amazing noble school, and I plan to keep it that way. My name is Dame Alina." Dame Alina, then, smiles down at everyone. "Let's remember our new Level 1s have never been inside the school before. There are mentors spread out in the school helping you guys around! Next Wednesday, there will be Splotching tryouts for the Foxfire Splotching team, for Level 2s and up! Sign up, or if you have any questions, please report to Lady Alexine. Splotching schedules and tournaments are posted on a bulletin board in the atrium. Check them out if you're interested! To our Level 1s that don't know this, we have 3 dances throughout the school year. A beginning of the year dance, Midterm dance, and Finals dance. We have not yet decided the times for them, but we will tell you guys in a week or two! Thank you, and have a great day!"