Ch 37

"Speaking of which, why did you ask about the carriage from Tiago?"

Daisy's curious eyes suddenly sparkled.

I gave it some thought for a while and opened my mouth,

"Daisy, I may have to leave the temple once the carriage that traveled to Tiago returns."

This child, who worked for me and relied solely on me, had a right to know what was going on.

Daisy's eyes trembled violently.

"What do you mean, Saintess?"

"You're clever and quick-witted, so you'll be able to serve your new superior well."

"Saintess! No way! Are you trying to leave?"

Daisy shook her head as I remained silent.

"...I knew you had no heart in the temple. But please take me with you wherever you go. As the Saintess said, I'm clever and quick-witted."

Daisy's words made me stiffen.

"But then won't the time you spent training to be Elium's apprentice go to waste?"

It was like passing a modern-day civil service exam, but she still chose to follow me. That was absurd.

"I managed to get into the temple, but I wasn't fit for it. When I felt lost and distressed, the Saintess was the one who reached out to me. So I don't care."

Seeing Daisy's bright eyes saying she'd follow me, I asked myself if I shouldn't have said it.

"...I never said I was completely sure that I'll be leaving. I'm just saying the possibility."

I eventually turned back on my words.

The idea of starting a business with Daisy as an employee suddenly popped into my mind, but I wasn't confident enough to change someone's life.

"If you leave me behind, I'll still follow you wherever you go, Saintess."

Daisy clenched her fists and stated unequivocally.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Taking a stroll as an excuse, I stopped by the third pillar on the east side of the wedding hall attached to the main building. Because it was the day I was supposed to meet the child from the Thieves Guild that I saved.

The annex collapsed and security was further strengthened, so it was questionable whether or not the child could come.

But even before my doubts were lifted, I heard a child's voice behind me,

"Saintess... it's me."

Looking back, I noticed a child who was dressed more neatly than before. He might have spent the money I gave him on clothes.

I smiled softly and calmly opened my mouth,

"You're better than I expected."

"The Thieves Guild has the best information in the empire."

The child's eyes were filled with pride.

"Did you find out what I asked of you?"

The child nodded and immediately opened his mouth,

"I know Count Rosento had the Garnet necklace that the late Empress, Prince Kyle's mother, received from the Emperor."

I asked back as if I didn't know,