Chapter 40 - The Brothers

The new demon that Akai called Yama led them all away from the cemetery and to a residential area nearby.

    Before though, the two brothers had a small argument that soon ended when Akai tried hitting him but his newly grown left arm was still sore from being forced out. Yama shook his head at his angered brother, nothing has changed since the last time he's seen him months ago.

    (Y/N) figured that he was a manipulator type since he used telekinesis. He used his hands to lift Ki without even touching him and he tried to do the same with I9's body but...

    It had disappeared. The angel arm was on the ground covered in black blood but no I9 could be seen...

    When they made it to a house that still looked intact, they entered inside and Yama carefully laid Ki down across the long kitchen table. When he went to inspect the demon's injuries, Ki snapped his teeth at him but Yama just smacked his head away and removed a bag he was carrying. "I'm trying to help you, you big oaf!"

     Ki hissed at him and wouldn't let the demon touch him. Instead, he gestured his head towards (Y/N) who sat down on the counter nearby with her hand still clutching her shoulder. Yama got the message and decided to start working on her first.

    (Y/N) watched him take his bag and set it down next to her as she took off Ki's coat and the parka she was wearing underneath, cringing at the pain of moving her shoulder. He opened it up and she almost gasped at all the medical supplies he carried. Bandages, tweezers, cloths, everything. "Where did you get all of that?!"

"I took it from some friends as payback. They didn't need it anyway." He asked her to turn a bit and inspected the deep cut in her shoulder blade gently with his fingers. The wound stopped bleeding but it has the chance of getting infected without any medical help. "I'm going to have to disinfect it. Then you'll need stitches to close it. Remove your shirt please."

"What?!" (Y/N) looked towards him with wide eyes.

    Yama pulled out a bottle of rubbing alcohol and she almost fainted at the liquid. He motioned for her to remove the garment covering her dignity then turned towards his brother. "Akai, get the human something to bite on. I know that their pain tolerance is low with this stuff."

     Akai got up from the chair he was slouched over on and went to go search the house. He came back with a towel and glared at his brother before handing it to him. "You better know what you're doing."

"Who's the doctor here?" Yama snatched the towel and waited for her to take off her shirt so he can start.

    She nervously looked at all three of them who watched her. Yama didn't seem to care about her chest but both Ki and Akai had other thoughts... She grabbed the doctor and positioned him in front of her then took the towel he was holding and made him hold it up like a curtain. While she removed her shirt, she could hear Ki lowly growl, Akai snicker, and Yama groan at the two's immaturity. "She's a lady, give her some privacy."

    When she was finished, (Y/N) quickly snatched the towel and used it to cover her bra from being exposed. Yama grabbed the bottle and leaned her downwards while she sucked in a deep breath and screamed into the towel when the alcohol was poured onto her wound and burned like it was on fire. Her screams were muffled by the towel and her leg kicked back at the cabinet door harshly. When the burning sensation started to die down, Yama began stitching her wound up and wrapping her shoulder in bandages. He took the towel and covered her view from the demons so she can change again.

    Afterward, he took his bag and went to go inspect Ki who seemed to have passed out a few minutes ago. "So dear brother, is this your human?" He nodded towards (Y/N) and she glared at him, offended. "I'm not anybody's!"