Chapter 42 - The Refusal

Assault warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

    (Y/N) made her way down the steps towards the commotion in the living room.

She rubbed her face to rid herself of any tears she had after Ki's actions. She didn't want this to be the new reality for her. Constantly getting forced on whenever the two demons were in the mood. Luckily, they were always interrupted or stopped but what if next time is different...? She didn't even want to think about it.

She didn't see Ki in the room he had picked for himself, he must have left then.

Stepping off the steps, she peaked around a corner that lead to the living room to see the two twins in a heated debate. They kept their voices lowered, probably to keep their discussion between them and not be overheard. (Y/N) tried listening to them speak but she could only make out a few words.

"island" "territory" "(Y/N)" "Ki" and lastly, "are you sure?"

Most of the words were being said by Yama like he was trying to get confirmation on something. Akai groaned dramatically and responded with a hushed "I'm fucking sure!"

Maybe now wasn't a good time to join the two. There was tension in the air that she could get tangled up in and possibly never escape. She moved back and started tiptoeing back to the stairs when her foot accidentally landed on a creaky floorboard. The sound was loud and mentally hurt her soul.

She shut her eyes and cursed whatever higher entity made her expose herself.

Her body started being lifted up and pulled into the living room where both of the twins looked at her, confused but relieved that it was her and not I9. "I thought you were asleep?" Akai asked. Usually she was around this time.

(Y/N) floated in the air until Yama finally set her down. "I... couldn't. My shoulder." She placed a hand on her injury to emphasize. It technically wasn't a lie but she couldn't just say that Ki was also at fault. That would surely get a negative reaction from a certain someone....

Yama patted the spot next to him on the love seat, his doctor senses kicking in. "Let me check the stitches."

She did what he asked and sat down while taking off Ki's coat. Yama didn't look at Akai but he did a motion with his finger that told him to turn away. Akai rolled his eyes and looked towards a wall instead. 'It's my girl. Why should I have to look away?'

The doctor did his small check up and looked over the stitches. Nothing seemed too concerning so he recovered the wound with the bandage and let her shirt fall. "Doesn't look like anything is wrong. Just try to put less pressure on it."

She nodded and fixed her shirt before putting on Ki's coat, feeling chills go up her bare arms from the cold house.

"Excuse me for asking this, but what's your relationship like with the quiet one?" Yama asked nonchalantly.

(Y/N) widened her eyes at him and Akai growled lowly at his brother.

"My question is invasive, I know. I'm just curious." He sat back on the love seat, waiting for the stunned girl next to him to answer. "I- uh-"

Akai ran a frustrated hand through his hair while gritting his teeth at his brother. "Yama shut up."

"I-It's... I don't know." She feels the same way for both Ki and Akai. Anger towards the many things they have, wanting them to take her back to her home, hatred towards being forced to leave Tuca, the only real ally she had in this world. Her feelings towards them changed so much since the labs. She used to see them as her friends but now...