Prologue

10 Years Ago

"Hey Rex, have you seen the new girl who's joined our school?" Asked Blake Davis, Rex's best friend. Rex Bradley Wilson was the hottest guy in the whole of the small town of Fordsville and the captain of the football team. All the girls of Fordsville High worshipped the ground he passed on. Everybody wanted to be his girlfriend but who did he want? No one. He didn't like the over eager girls of his hometown. Fordsville was a small town in Montana just fifteen minutes drive away from Great Falls. His granddad, Joe Wilson's ranch, Wildcreek Ranch was located at the far edge of Fordsville in the heart of the Rocky Mountains at the base of the Continental Divide. It was a picturesque place surrounded by mountains, fields and forests with a clear sparkling river running through it. 

"In our batch?" Asked a surprised Rex. If there would be any such girl, he would definitely have noticed. Fordsville being a small town doesn't get many new people relocating to it. Here, everyone knew one another. 

"No, in eight grade, " informed Blake. They were in their final senior year at Fordsville High, where Rex's twin brother Rhett, his younger sister, Rihanna and his cousins too studied. 

"Are you kidding me? I don't have time for kids!" Said Rex walking out of the locker room. They just had a rigorous games period where their coach Mr. Williamson shouted out orders and overworked their tired muscles for forty-five  minutes, they finally walked back to their trucks to go home. 

"Who's a kid here, bro. She'd just be four years younger, that's all," said Blake, climbing onto his truck. "See you at the big game tomorrow," he waved and drove off. 

Rex nodded and waved him off. As he slowly walked towards his black Ford F-250, he noticed a thin girl waiting impatiently staring at the roads as if waiting for someone. She looked new to their school since Rex knew every chick of Fordsville High. She didn't look more than fourteen and her face had zit marks all over. As he passed her to go to his truck, he noticed her eyes. They were the most gorgeous eyes he'd ever seen in his entire eighteen years of life, sparkling green like emeralds with ember specks. But wait, was she crying? He stopped dead in his tracks in front of her.

"Hey, can I help you?" He asked her gently. She looked up at him and just shook her head. He saw the sadness in her beautiful eyes and couldn't just leave her. "You can tell me kid. I'm Rex Wilson, captain of the school football team. I'll help you," said Rex gently. 

"My grandfather's truck broke down and I don't know the way back. I'm new here," said the girl, looking at her feet. She looked so fragile and helpless that Rex's heart went out for the poor kid. 

"I can drop you to your house. Tell me any landmark, " he asked gently. The girl's eyes widened as she focused her attention upon the gorgeous guy in front of her. She had noticed him on the first day of school as all the girls only talked about him the whole day. Now she knew why. He was not only good looking but had a golden heart as well. On her first day at Fordsville High, she had already heard his life history that he didn't play around with girls nor did he have any girlfriend. He was a good guy in the true sense of the term. 

"My grandparents live in the marketplace, " she told him. 

"What's your grandfather's name?" He asked her with curiosity. 

"Zoe Fischer," said the girl. "My granny is Stacey Fischer," she answered, hopefully. 

"Granny Stacey is my granny's best friend," said Rex with a warm smile. "C'mon, I'll drop you home, " he offered. The girl considered his offer for sometime and then followed him obediently to his truck. 

"You didn't tell me your name," Rex pointed out. 

"Ember," she said shyly. Rex nodded. The name suited her. He drove her to her grandparents house. "Thank you," she told him shyly feeling overwhelmed that he showered his attention upon her when there were thousands of girls lined up for him.