Chapter 9

During the day I stuck to myself, putting my nose in books or drawing. Mostly it is to keep me from out bursting again but for some reason I am writing A LOT of 8, 14, 22s, they could be my lottery number. I might even get a new room makeover with that money.

Anyways, last period of the day sucks cause it is with Mr. Tanner. So I am sitting here writing in my notebook those numbers drowning those noises. I probably have at least 10 sets of them all over the page, creepy.

"Miss Gilbert?"

I glance at the teacher, very clueless. He looks between me and Elena. She is just as clueless as me and as I was about to open my mouth he interrupted me.

"Pearl Harbor? Either of you know?" He raises his brow.

Umm Its at the tip of my tongue.

Stefan steps up, "December 7th, 1941." Everyone turns towards him.

"Thank you Miss Gilbert."

"Anytime, Sir."

"Very well." Uh oh. "The Fall of the Berlin Wall."

Instant reply, "1989. I'm good with dates, Sir."

"Are you? How good? Keep it under the year", then they proceeded to do a rapped fire of events and Stefan would get every one of them right. It was weird how instant he replied to Tanner's questions, that can not be a memory thing. I like history but not enough to memorize it

Tanner walked closer to Stefan with each question and soon enough he was standing in front of him. "Battle of Gettysburg?"

"1863."

"Korean War."

"1950 to 1953." That was the one thing I remembered cause I thought it was dumb how they took ONE YEAR to make a peace treaty.

"Ha! It ended in 52!"

"It was 53." Stefan countered it. Knowing Mr. Tanner will want proof because he can not take defeat. I started to look it up.

Tanner was silent for a second, "Somebody look it up. Quickly!"

I smiled, "Got it!" I smiled brightly, "It was 1953 Mr. Tanner."

The class applauded him while Elena smirked at him. I stared at him for a moment before turning back to my creepy numbers. How did he reply so fast? A normal person, IF they remembered those dates and that's a big if, would have taken at least 15-20 seconds to respond but not him. It wasnt even 5 seconds.

I felt goosebumps crawl on my skin and turned to see Stefan looking at me like he was figuring something out. Playing it off he just smiled a little but I just turned around. Since Bonnie was in front of me I glanced at her paper to copy her notes. That wasnt going to happen since her paper was filled with the same numbers

My eyes couldnt leave her paper. This is on a whole nother level of weird, she is supposed to be the psychic one not me.The bell interrupts my thoughts. I was going to say something to Bonnie but she already left.

I stay with the cheer squad after school to support Care while they practice because that is what I do, so I will just talk to Bons then.

...

Me and Elena walked over to Bonnie and the cheer squad, Elena in her work out wear and me in my normal clothes. She clears her throat that catches Bons attention. She jumps up and hugs Elena. "Oh my gosh! You're here."

"I also am here to grace you in my presence." I smirked knowing she would give me an eyeroll, and she did.

Elena just smiles. "Well I cant be sad girl forever. The only way things will get back to the way they were are to do things that were." She starts to stretch at this point.