Chapter 1

We were sitting in the cafeteria, trading embarrassing stories, as I stabbed the tines of my fork against my thigh.

Faith, the beautiful, brilliant sun of our little solar system, threw her head back laughing, exposing her long, slender throat and dainty collarbones.

I giggled, fantasizing about how it would feel to strangle her.

The story, an anecdote about our first time partying, cast me as the dimwitted butt of the joke, like her stories always did.

Never mind that it was embellished – Faith's stories always were.

In fact, the person who'd actually gone into a bedroom with a senior and come out with chlamydia had been her, but I didn't dare to correct her. One word about what really happened that night and I'd spend the remainder of our time at high school as a social leper.

So, I smiled and played along.

After all, I'd been playing the empty-headed bimbo foil to Faith for years now.

Never mind that I'd be taking college classes too, if Mom could afford it.

"-Hailey?"

At the sound of my name, I perked up.

"Sorry, what?"

Faith shot a glance at Sierra, who put her hand in front of her mouth to hide her sneer.

Licking her lips, Faith looked back at me. "I asked if you're sure you can get the stuff for Friday night."

I nodded. I was used to skimming extra doses off of my prescription Xanax for Faith, and I'd set aside several in anticipation of tomorrow night.

We were going to party, get high and have a sleepover at Faith's house.

Or, at least they were.

I was going to wait until they passed out to go fuck Faith's dad.