8- Bye Bye, Little Butterfly

Heartbreaker freezes as he stares down at Marinette, eyes wide in shock. He couldn't believe it. This whole time, she's been Ladybug—the girl he loves? "Marinette..."

Marinette grabs the railing and pulls herself up, leaning against it for balance. "I'm right here, Adrien."

Heartbreaker looks Marinette up and down. He stares at her ears before making eye contact with her. "You're Ladybug."

"Please..." She whispers, offering her hand. "Let me help you."

Hawk Moth starts laughing in his head. "Oh, this is perfect! Heartbreaker, take her miraculous!"

Heartbreaker doesn't move. He stands still, staring at her.

"Did you hear me? Take her earrings before she turns to stone!" Hawk Moth shouts.

Heartbreaker's eyes widen as he remembers he shot Marinette. He looks at her right leg, gray and hardened. "I hurt you."

Marinette lets go of the railing and steps forward. She cries out in pain and falls. Heartbreaker catches her and she leans against him. "There's not much time, Adrien. Please, if you're still in there, if you still love me, give me the akumatized object."

"Ignore her, Heartbreaker! Take her earrings!"

Heartbreaker reaches in his pocket and hands Marinette the dark piece of paper. "Here."

Marinette takes it and stands. She reaches in her purse and hands Tikki a macaroon. "Hurry, Tikki! I don't have much time... AHH!" Her side starts to harden and she starts panting. "It's so hard... to... breathe..."

Tikki eats the treat in three bites and shouts with her mouth full. "All done, Marinette!"

"Tikki, spots on!" In a ball of red light, her transformation appears. Part of her suit is now gray and hardened, the stone growing closer to her heart. "Lucky charm," She gasps out, clutching her chest. A red and black spotted replica of the bracelet she gave Adrien drops in her hands. She smiles. "Wow. Isn't that funny." She drops the akumatized object and stomps on it, purifying the akuma as it flies out.

Heartbreaker disappears and Adrien takes his place. He falls on the ground, rubbing his head, and looks around. "Ladybug...? What's going on? What happened?"

I wonder if he remembers who I am under the mask. She throws the bracelet in the air. "Miraculous ladybug!" She looks out towards the city and watches the streets turn from gray back to their bright color. The magical ladybugs swarm around her and she's healed. She looks at Adrien and she kneels down in front of him and She gives his ring back. "Here you go, Kitty."

Adrien's eyes widen. "You know I'm—"

She nods. "Yes. Do you... remember anything?"

Adrien stares at his shoes. "Umm... I remember Kim teasing me about that poster, then I was in the locker room. I gave Plagg my ring and told him to find you. Then..." He takes in a deep breath.

Marinette waits in anticipation for his next sentence.

"I woke up here. The rest is blacked out."

Ladybug sighs. Adrien didn't remember who she is. She didn't know if she considered that a good or bad thing.

"I'm sorry," He whispers, shaking his head. "I'm sorry if I—that I—hurt you."

Ladybug grabs his hand. "We should never apologize for our emotions. We should be allowed to be mad, disappointed, or heartbroken without it being taken advantage of."

Adrien smiles at her. "Thanks, Milady." Her cheeks darken. He immediately notices. "Wait, are you blushing?"

Ladybug jumps up and turns away from him. "What? No! I'm not blushing."

"You are too!" He stands up and follows her. "Admit it. My charm finally worked on you."

Ladybug peeks back at him and slowly nods. "Yeah... I-I think I'm in love you," She admits.

Adrien's smile grows bigger and he laughs.

"What's so funny?"

"That I'm right."

"About what?"

Adrien steps closer with a smirk. "I told you one day you'd fall for me, Milady, and clearly you have."

Ladybug rolls her eyes. As Adrien and Plagg start talking to each other, she watches them and smiles. Even if discovering his identity was in the case of an akuma emergency, it still wasn't fair that only she knew and he didn't. She just didn't know what Adrien would think when he found out who she was all along. "Adrien, while you were akumatized, I revealed my secret identity to you," She tells him, stepping forward.

His eyes widen. "What...?"

"You were—I mean, Heartbreaker—was about to kill me, and it was a last minute save for myself. I thought you would remember after we broke control from Hawk Moth, but you..." She sighs. "Don't."

"I know who you are? Or did?"

"Yes..."

"Oh. That's..." He laughs. "That's my luck, huh?"

Ladybug steps forward and grabs his hand. "I want to show you who I am—again."

"Really? For real?"

"I know who you are. Shouldn't you know who I am?"

Adrien squeezes her hand. "Are you sure, Milady? I don't want you to feel pressured."

She nods with a smile. "I'm sure."

Adrien takes in a deep breath. "Wow. I can't believe this is happening... again."

Ladybug laughs and closes her eyes. "Tikki, spots off."