10- Against The World

One Year Later

Ladybug and Cat Noir kneel on a roof across from the Agreste Mansion. She checks the time on her bug phone. One minute til midnight. She glances over at her partner. There's a frown on his face as he stares through the windows of his bedroom.

"Are you ready, Kitty?"

"I don't know," He whispers.

She grabs his hand. "We can do this, Cat Noir. We have to."

"I know. It's just..." He takes in a deep breath. "This whole time I've been living in the same house as Hawk Moth and I had no idea."

"We have the upper hand this time, Kitty. We convinced your father we left Paris for the weekend. He won't suspect us at all."

Cat Noir stands tall. "What are we waiting for then?" He extends his staff and drops through his bedroom window.

Ladybug smiles. "That's the spirit, Kitty." She chases after and lands beside him, turning to leave his bedroom, but he doesn't follow. He stands frozen, eyes wide. "Cat Noir, we don't have time to reminisce. We have to—" She cuts herself off when she sees Mr. Agreste sitting at Adrien's desk. "Find your father..." She grabs her yo-yo.

Gabriel raises his hand. "I don't want to fight. Not anymore."

Cat Noir couldn't believe his father's sudden change of heart. "I highly doubt that," He mutters with a glare.

He extends his arm, opening his palm to reveal the butterfly and peacock miraculous. "I can't do this anymore. Without Emelie..." He sighs. "I don't see the point in trying anymore. I have to move on, I know that know. She would want that."

Gabriel throws the brooches and they land by Ladybug's feet. She bends down and grabs them. "You know we can't just let you off the hook, Mr. Agreste. You still hurt people."

"I know."

"Why now?" Cat Noir asks, angry with tears. "For the past two years, you've done nothing but akumatize people, destroyed this city, and kept us chasing our tails. Why are you giving up?"

"I had an epiphany," Gabriel admits, staring out past them through the window. "No matter how hard I try, no matter what plan I come up with, I have and will not be able to beat you kids. I started revaluating my life and the choices I made. I hurt two people closest to me and I want to make things right before I can't anymore. My assistant, Nathalie, and my son, Adrien."

Cat Noir's eyes widen. Father cares about... me?

Gabriel clears his throat and looks back at the heroes. "I accept the consequences of my actions and I already have informed the authorities. I called them just shortly before you arrived."

The bedroom door slams open and Officer Roger and other officers run in. He runs over and grabs Gabriel, making him stand as he puts handcuffs on his wrists. "Paris can sleep peacefully now that you're gone, Hawk Moth. You're going to rot in prison."

Gabriel looks at Cat Noir. "Please make sure my son is safe and... tell him I love him."

Cat Noir slowly nods.

Officer Roger escorts Gabriel out of the room.

Ladybug and Cat Noir face each other.

"My father turned himself in."

"I didn't see that coming," She whispers, frowning. "I was expecting a fight."

"So was I, Milady," He admits. "Part of me feels... disappointed, somehow."

Ladybug grabs his arm. "I'm sorry, Adrien." He looks at her. "I'm sorry it was your father."

"My father was a horrible man before he even found the butterfly miraculous. Why would it be any different now?" Cat Noir asks, almost rolling his eyes.

Ladybug stares out the window. The moon shines bright above them. "We did it, Kitty."

"Us against the world—"

"—As always."

They both raise a fist.

"Pound it."

The end...