Chapter 170: Music lessons

Hunter's P.O.V.

I know Raine might be angry if they find out. But I can't really ask them now as they're interrogating someone. So alone in my room, I play one of their instruments in an attempt to learn bard magic. As hard as I've looked, there's no glyph for that. The notes come out as untamed, making unpleasant sounds as the strings are moved.

And without me even thinking of it, Raine opens the door without a knock. "Well, Hunter. I- Oh. My lute." Immediately, I feel embarrassment overcome me. "Raine! I'm so sorry! Here. I was too impatient to ask. I know it was selfi-" But they put a hand up to silence me for a second. "No, no. I'm actually happy you're using it. I was actually thinking of teaching you bard magic. Can I hear it?" Not the response I expected.

With a nervous sigh as my bard skills aren't exactly great... I make all low quality tube, Raine slightly flinching from the screech sound of the music. "Well, practice makes best." "Best?" I repeat to them, because why not perfect. "Because nothing can be perfect. But people can actually hope to be the best." I wish I heard that a while ago. Always seen as the perfect piece of gold.

Just as I reach to try again, a thought occurs. "What about Gaia?!" "Don't worry! I made sure Eda kept an eye on her." This soothes my mind obviously, but yet another thought occurs. "You needed information. So what did she tell you?" An unexpected stare from them, as if told devastating news. From a saddened look now becomes a nervous face. 

"That's not important." No... I-" But I stop. They're letting me use the instrument I technically stole while they had no idea. I've been living with them both for years. Maybe I could just go with it for once. So I go back to practicing my musical skills in hopes to actually improve.

(What if Luz and Hunter learned bard magic in the show? Also, please tell me if I've misgendered Raine. Spelling too?)