2💕

The old walls of the big Haweli were witnessing hustle-bustle since morning, servants were dusting and polishing the family heirlooms which were present in the form of the antique brass vases and vintage silver decorative articles.

Two swords were hanging on the wall along with a well-etched authentic shield to give a loud power display.

"Chodhri Sahab, wo darzi aaya hai aapse milne, keh raha hai karz chukane ke liye thodi mohlat mil jaye to achha rehta" One of the most loyal and trusted men of Chodhri Mateen; Shera informed him and he hummed.

(Sir, the tailor has arrived, he's asking for some time to pay off his debts)

"Bulao use andar" Chodhri Mateen ordered his right hand and Shera nodded, soon the poor tailor of the village was standing in front of the landlord, holding his hands together and bowing his head down like very next moment he will place his head in Chodhri's foot.

(Call him in)

"Maalik ek saal ka waqt de dijiye, Badi beti ki shadi ke liye karz liya tha, aapke pese jama kar hi liye the ki chhoti beti ki shadi ka waqt aa gaya. Main aap ka ek ek paisa chuka dunga bas, ek saal ki mohlat de dijiye... Aap Ki meharbani hogi." The poor man begged

(Sir, please give me one year for payment, I'll pay you every single penny but for now, I have to marry off my younger daughter.)

"Shera ise yaad dila de jis waade par karz liya hai usi waade par pura paisa chuka de, warna byaaj (interest) doguna ho jayega.'' Instead of replying to the poor man, Chodhri Mateen ordered his right hand and he hummed while holding the big rifle in another hand.

(Shera make him remember about his deal to return the money, otherwise, the Interest amount will be double)

The poor man was terrified by the warning and he left after taking the time of two weeks to pay off the debt.

"Chodhri Mateen Zan, Zar, aur Zameen ke liye koi samjhauta nahi karta." With an evil smirk on his face, Chodhri Mateen announced proudly

(Chhodri Mateen never compromise with money, woman and land)

On the other hand, his wife was standing on the doorway of his bedroom, tears were rolling down from her eyes. Her son Waasiq stood at a good distance looking dejected due to her mother's condition. And his forbearance gave up.

"Abba kuch to sharam karo, tum is umar me shadi karoge?" After looking towards the flowing eyes of his mother, Chodri Waasiq Mateen yelled at his father.

(Shame on you Dad, will you marry at this age?)

"Mujhe sabaq na de..., beta hai beta ban kar reh" Chodhri Mateen said in his deep voice while glaring at his only son, and again puffing on the half-smoked Cigar.

(Don't teach me, you're my son, so behave like one.)

"Abba tumhari do biwiyan aur 4 bachhe hain... Jis umar me betiyon ki shadi karni chahiye us umar me tum Apni shadi karne jaa rahe ho... Kuch apni umar ka hi lihaaz kar lo" Waasiq again shouted and this time his father Chodhri Mateen put the Cigar in Ashtray.

(Abba you have two wives and 4 children... You should think about your daughters' marriage, but you're doing yours! At least think about your age)

"Mard ki Shadi karne ki koi umar nahi hoti... Tujhe bhi koi ladki pasand aa jaye to tu bhi apna ghar basa.." Waasiq huffed and turned to go out of his home but then his gaze went to his mother who was standing near the door of her bedroom and wiping her tears.

(Man has no age limit to get married, even if you like any girl, you should also settle down after getting married)

Waasiq was deeply hurt due to his father's decision. Chodhri Mateen was ordering his wives and daughter to prepare new clothes for themselves to attend his third marriage. Even he ordered Waasiq to take his three sisters to Hareem's home along with bridal attire and jewellery.