Chapter 56

Nandini stared at the middle age man in a suit and saw the resemblance from her memory.

"Hello Uncle.",She said with a small smile on her face.

The man smiled wide seeing her as he takes a step forward and hugged her.

"You have grown a lot. ",He said pulling back to watch her.

"You look just like how your mom did when she was your age.",He said still taking her in and Nandini just smiled feeling emotional.

She nodded at the other man who received them at the airport as she gestured them to come in.

All her friends stood up seeing him and Nandini smiled as she introduced them.

"Navya, Mukti, Cabir, Ishaan and Manik.",Nandini pointed at all of them introducing him giving a smile at Manik.

"Nice to meet all of you. I am Rajiv Kashyap. Family lawyer of the Murthy's.",Rajiv introduced himself as they all took a seat.

Nandini sat beside Manik who gave a smile to her and put his hands over hers.

Rajiv noticed the interaction and smiled.

"Are you guys comfortable here?",Rajiv asked making small talks and they nodded thanking him.

"Nandini. Do you want to talk here or somewhere private?",Rajiv asked her taking out some files from his bag.

Nandini glanced at them and smiled.

"It's fine we can have a talk here.",Nandini said to him and he nodded.

"Are you sure you want to sell the house? It's the last memory you have of your parents. ",Rajiv asked her to confirm and Nandini took a deep breath.

" I am sure. I won't be able to take care of the house even if I keep it. ",Nandini said with a small smile.

" I have prepared the papers. I will put it on sale once you sign it but think about it again. You can come here once a year for vacation. ",Rajiv said and Nandini just nodded taking the papers from him.

" I found a key while arranging your toys. Do you have any idea about it? ",Rajiv asked taking out the key and giving it to her.

She looked at it and comes up blank.

" I don't know. Maybe it's some locker key. ",Nandini suggested with a shrug.

" While you are here, see if you can find it and if you are sure about selling the house take some time and go through your things. I haven't changed anything around here. Take everything you want with you. ",Rajiv said her and she nodded with a stiff smile.

" I don't think it's important anymore. ",Nandini said looking at the key in her hands.

" Well maybe it is. Your parents were both doctors and they watched people dying everyday of their lives. Your father knew how sudden death can be and he wanted to secure his family if anything ever happens to him. Every year on your mother's and your birthday he would revise the will. On your 7th birthday he had given me a call and asked me to come home the next day. He had something in his mind he wanted to talk to me. I never got to know what but maybe while going through his things you can find it.",Rajiv said and Nandini froze hearing him.

Manik watched her and wrapped an arm around her pulling her close to him.

" I had tried everything I could to give you a family and keep you happy but I know I failed when I couldn't stop you from going to the orphanage. I tried helping you but I couldn't. I kept tabs on you after you left the orphanage. It's the first time you have come home after a long time. Think about your decision and if you still want to go through it. I will help you.",Rajiv said as he stood up and Nandini nodded.