34; purple lilacs

Sailor

I'm smiling too hard right now like wayyyy too hard.

Iván asked me on a date last night and I have no clue what to do with myself right now. I done changed my outfit 14 million times.

The worst thing is that it's sunny but kind of windy so it's so hard to dress for the weather when you're trying to be cute.

I ended up putting on an olive green long sleeve dress that's fitted at the top part and flowed nicely at the bottom. It's even a little sexy my back is out and it's like a silky material.

"Mom! Iván is here." I hear Mia yell. Why do I have to nervous poop now? I slip on my little flip-flop heels and grab a little white sweater just in case I get too cold.

I look at the two bags on the bed grabbing the white one and putting my stuff in there. Making my way downstairs I'm greeted by all the kids in the living room.

"Mom" Clare gasp "You look gorgeous" Mia finishes her sentence. "Thank you" I smile brightly at them.

Iván walks up to me smiling all goofy. Did I ever mention Iván had one of those clown smiles? Like the corners of his mouth tugs upwards.

This man looks fine as hell. He had a white button-up on with the top ones unbuttoned and some black dress pants. He had all his hair slick back with a few strands falling in the front of his face.

"You look beautiful." he says softly staring me in my eyes. "And boy you look fine as hell." I look up at him smiling "Aw, y'all so cute, let me take a picture." Clare gets her phone out.

I quickly throw my stuff on the couch posing with Iván for the picture. "Aw" Mia says.

Why does it feel like prom all over again?

• • •

"Iván I'm scared." I feel my heart beating out of my chest. "You think I would put you in harm's way." soon as he said that I tripped on a step.

"Sorry baby, you distracted me." he says while covering my eyes. Let me just say, that phase right there did a little something to me.

Was this is first time calling me baby? I like it.

"Okay 1... 2... 3" he removes his hands from my eyes. I squint trying to get my eyes to adjust to the sunlight.

Once my eyes adjusted they started to water. No way.

"Shit! Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did." He says fanning my eyes so my tears dry up. Well, ain't that sweet.

"No you didn't do anything wrong, everything is prefect." I tell him truthfully.

"Do you want to change to your other shoes people we go in the grass." he asked holding up my uggs in his hands. I nod and he helps me switch shoes.

"There we go" I smile then run over to the picnic blanket leaving Iván. "Smile." I hear Iván shout with his phone pointed at me.

I put my arms out smiling. He takes the picture... I think and make his way over to me.

Sitting down opposite of each other. He opens up the picnic basket pulling out fruits, cut-up sandwiches, buffalo wings, and champagne accompanied by fancy glasses.

He sits everything down then goes back into the basket pulling out a bouquet of purple flowers.

"These are purple lilacs, they symbolize the beginning of love. Good for new couples." he hands them to me nervously. I smile at the fact that he thought about the meaning of the flower.

"Awww thank you Iván. They are so pretty." I think my brain had broke for a second. "Wait- Did you say new couples?" I look at him with an eyebrow raised and he nods his head nervously.

"Is there something you want to ask me Iván?" I lean forward a little bit I watch as his body language changes and he gulps nervously.

"Um- I- Will-" he stutters "Iván calm down. Take deep breaths." he closes his eyes taking a deep breath. "Sailor I was wondering if you will like to be my girlfriend?" he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I decide to tease him a bit by taking my time to answer. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that. It was dumb of me. I just thought you felt the same way I did. I'm sorry." Aw, stop.

"Iván I was just messing around with you. Of course, I'll be your girlfriend." I smile sitting up grabbing his face smashing my lips into his.

I feel him smirk against my lips then his hand comes up and snakes around my throat. He pulled away although our lips were still touching. "You scared me baby." he said then pulls me back into the kiss.

He finally pulls away "Damn" I breathe out. I sit there trying to catch my breath and he starts eating some wings smirking at me.

"Now we need to talk about something." I raise a brow at him grabbing a wing. "When we first met and I was minding your business I found out that you have a degree in business and architecture." I nod my head at him.

"You should start to use them. You can start your own organizations, companies, restaurants.

The good thing is you don't have to buy already made buildings since you have an architecture degree. You can even build some buildings and sell them to people like hospitals, doctor offices, other companies.

I have some plots of land that I can sell to for a very very discounted price." he smirks at the last part.

I look at him suspiciously. "For a make-out session, I will sell you some of my plots for a discounted price of $1 each" I look at him with wide eyes.

"How much are they worth?" I asked him "Do worry about it hermosa. Just worry about your lips on mine." he smiles and I scoff at him.

"I will need your help. I never did anything like this." he nods "Of course I will help you. Do you have a lawyer?" he asked and I nodded.

"Now baby I will give you a warning. You are now stepping into the big dog territory and let's be honest they don't like girls in the territory. You have to show them you are not to be messed with. Show them you're top dog." he says then stuffs his face with a sandwich.

I honestly feel really grateful towards Iván. I don't like to step out of my comfort zone and never had anyone to push me outside my comfort zone.

"Thank you Iván" I say softly "No problem hermosa. I'll support you 110% percent in whatever you do. Even if you want to run for president I'll be by your side." he smiles at me.

My heart is fluttering.

• • •

aw they so cute.

sailor bouta be doing boss shit. PURRRR

wait no she's BIG PUR