18

Elliot

I was enjoying my time, reading a book that I had forgotten about. A nice murder mystery type of book that knows how to keep you at the edge of your seat. I shut the book and placed it on my lap as Dagen entered the room. It was as if I could sense him coming. 'I was having such a nice time reading too..'

"What is it?'

"I was wondering if you had gotten any new info, cus I've still got nothing." He said with a stupid smile. 'He really wasn't taking this seriously.'

"I've gotten to hear some things from Anna, Rosalines head maid."

"Oh! What did she have to say?"

"Seems like Rosaline has been a bit out of it and been worried about the time, also.." I paused for a second questioning wether I shoud've mentioned about her sleeping. Maybe it wasn't necessary? I decided to keep it out and only told him the other details. "I heard her mention a name that I don't recognize, Alono, have you perhaps heard of them?"

"Hmmmm, Alono, definetly haven't met a person named Alono. This could definitely be tied to what's going on." I nodded in response and before we could continue my butler entered the room.

"Sir Elliot, someone has requested to visit, should I let them in?"

"How sudden, I haven't even gotten any letters of them wanting to visit."

"Oh no, they're not here to visit you. They're here to see Lady Vladenburg."

"... Let them in."

"Alright, their name is Robert Gilenburg."

My butler left soon after and Dagen broke the silence that had been sitting between us. "Have you ever heard of Robert Gilenburg?"

"I definitely have not, they may be associated with the guild."

"Dagen hide in the shadows and try to listen in to Rosaline's meeting."

"Alright, but for you to do this much do you maybe care for her? The old you wouldn't even bother glancing her way and would've just said that this is her problem to deal with." He laughed, I glared at him which only made him laugh more.

"Anything she does now could have an effect on me, that's all there is too it." I said sternly and Dagen only gave me a smug look.

"If you say so."

.

.

.

.

Rosaline

'Finally, he's here! Malfas Gallious, while he did go by another name now to trick the others but that doesn't matter.' I hurridly dragged him to a room so we could talk. Once we sat down he started speaking a bunch of nonsense. "Nice room, is it yours?"

"No."

"How much do you think it'd cost?"

"I don't know, ask Elliot."

"You didn't even say sir, you two must be close." He smirked.

"Can we get back to the main subject? How much will this info be worth?"

Unlike before I actually had access to my money now that my grounding had been lifted. It ended a lot earlier than if was supposed to, probably because I'm not as annoying as the actual Rosaline.

"Alright, alright, no need to get so serious."

I stared at him waiting for him to tell me what he's got but started to feel uneasy as his face changed to something more serious.

'What if he couldn't find him?'

'Then what?'

'How will I save him?'

I knew the feeling of wanting to die, to wake up and feel tortured, regretting living and feeling at peace having that life end so suddenly. He wasn't just a book character anymore but a real person. I couldn't just sit back and leave him knowing how his life was going to end.

'I'm the only one who can help him so it's my responsibility.'

"I found him."

"What?"

"I was able to find him, the slave remember? It was a real pain in the ass but I was able to."

My face lit up immidietly, how I was going to save him wasn't important right now, just knowing where he was would be enough.

"How much do I need to pay for you to tell me, I'll pay you as much as you want!"

"Really then I want 1000 gold coins.. Just k-"

Before he could finish the sentence I placed the bag of coins on the table.

"Ah you were just about to say just kidding, what's the actual price?" Before I could take the money back he snatched the bag with his hands.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!"

I scoffed at him.

"Scumbag."

He looked at me with shock.

"A lady like you shouldn't use such words." He said with a dramatic shocked face.

I leaned back against my chair, crossing my arms, I was starting to become a bit too comfortable and act unladylike in this society's standards but I didn't care.

"I don't really care, now tell me about Alono."

"You're pretty trusting just handing me all this money like that, what if I ran off with the it."

"My sources let's me know that even though you're a good for nothing you do take your job seriously." I smiled

"Interesting.. What sources..?"

"That's not for you to know." I said with a smile.

Malfus looked at me with intrigue and leaned forward, resting his head on his hand.

"Now back to the subject.."

"Where is Alono?"