19

"Now back to the subject.. Where is Alono?"

"He's currently in the blue district, staying in the Rosewelds tavern that will be holding an auction in three days. That'll be enough right?"

"Certainly." Rosaline said with a sigh of relief.

"Well why are you still here? You've served your purpose you might as well leave."

"How rude, you're not gonna serve me some tea or biscuits?" He said with a pout.

"Definitely not."

He laughed at her response, enjoying this silly conversation but got up.

"I guess I can't stay forever." He said nonchalantly.

She watched him from the back and then called out to him.

"Thank you Malfas, really.."

He didn't say anything back and only looked at her, then gave her a simple wave with a smile. Rosaline sat back down, thinking of what she should do with this new information. Her main goal was to save Alono by buying him, sadly she didn't know of a way for helping the others. But hopefully after helping Alono she could help the others too.

She left the room and went back to her bedroom to get some rest, she really needed it.

.

.

Elliot read his book but had been stuck on the same page, he had a hard time getting further since he couldn't focus.

Dagen entered the room with a clear worried expression.

"What is it?"

"Rosaline may be planning to buy a slave.."

"... What..?" His voice was deep and cold, it even sent shivers to his friend Dagen.

"She talked to someone who I'm assuming is a member of the Serperters guild and.."

"And what?"

"They brought up her wanting him to find a slave named Alono and how he's currently in the Rosewelds tavern and she'll probably go there soon since they'll be holding an auction in three days."

Elliot rubbed his temble, unaware of how he should've reacted to this. 'This was too much, even for her.'

"So are you going to observe her?"

"Of course I will, now I definitely can't let her out of my sight."

Dagen looked up at the clock. "It's nearly noon, why don't you have dinner with her? Maybe she'll accidentally let something slip, plus it would be good to observe her from up close."

"Hm, yeah I'll do that, tell the butler to inform her that I've requested to have lunch with her."

'Now that I think about it, this may be the first time I've had lunch with her ever since she's arrived at the mansion.'

I left the room with Dagen after placing my book back on the overfilled bookshelf.

.

.

Rosaline nearly jumped after hearing what Anna said. 'Why would Elliot request a meeting with me?? I've stayed out of his way, as best as I could.. On purpose only for him to call for me??'

'Could he be aware of what's going on? This is Elliot we're talking about he's definetily caught on by now.. The problem is how much he knows.'

I let out a big sigh and got off of my bed.

"Anna prepare me an outfit."

'I'll just have to pray that I'm not in danger.'