𝟷𝟾. [ 'ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ' ] ⛈️

The day starts with a loud groan coming out of your mouth. Yet again another day of work. At least this time it wasn't a bunch of papers you have to sign and confirm, you finally get to treat the patients in the nursing house.

Unfortunately for you though, the universe loves to make things difficult for you. Your final patient for the day is a child who was bitten by a dog. He refuses to be injected and is now letting out deafening cries and would constantly make movements everytime the needle is an inch away from his skin.

"If you won't be injected by this special antidote, you might turn into a big bad wolf and eat your mom!" You gave him a terrified expression. You always feared that myth your parents told you, where you'll turn into whatever creature that bit you. That trick always worked on you so hopefully it works on him.

Mission failed successfully. It did scare him, but now he's crying even harder.

"Alright kid you're wasting my time, I'm sorry but-" You sealed his mouth with a clean cloth, and tied his hands and legs too. The child's muffled screams barely escaped the building.

You tightly held onto his elbow and finally injected him. The child calmed down for a little while.

"See?? It's all over now"

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

"What a pain" You spoke to yourself as the child and his mother left the nursing house. To your relief, work was finally over which means---------Dandelion wine!
Just kidding, it's hero time.

You swiftly wore your undercover attire and snuck out of your bedroom window as usual. But to no surprise, disaster struck. And by disaster, I mean lightning.

"every. single. time" you grit your teeth and take your leave anyway.

You singlehandedly cleared out the entire hilichurl camp near your estate a few days ago, so this time, you planned to patrol Windrise.

There's barely any enemies there besides slimes, but it was a small excuse to lay down and do absolutely nothing. With two powerful heroes running around Mondstadt, it would soon be normalized to believe that hilichurls are extinct in this region. It would become rather boring to you though.

You arrive at the designated location, where the famous ancient tree of Mondstadt sprouted. Luckily, the rain hasn't reached this place.

As you approach closer, a figure seems to be sitting down on its massive roots, leaning on the stem like a depressed person.

And who's the most depressed person in Mondstadt? Diluc---------at least that's who you could think of at the moment.

He seemed down than usual. But you couldn't tell wether he was stressed, tired, or reminiscing his dark gloomy past which makes him consider awakening his villain arc.

"Anything bothering you, Mr. redhead?" You stood in front of him, blocking the sunlight from hurting his eyes.

He didn't answer and still stared into space.

"Teyvat to Diluc?.. hello???" You waved a hand in front of his face to which he finally let out a reaction.

"Oh, Good day (Y/N)" He spoke.

"Not for you, I'm sure" You raised a brow, waiting for an explanation.

"I'm just resting"

"For some reason I don't believe that" You decide to sit beside him, letting him know you aren't leaving until he tells you what's bothering him.