Assassin's Bride Chp34

Pic of Faith's dress.

_______________________________________

*~You will be the death of me~*

Cloud waited for Alexander on a deserted highway a kilometer away from a cottage in the midst of the woods. His partner had some assassination to perform which was the ground why both brothers sat in Cloud's car and waited for Alexander. The Fury frowned when he recalled how the sahir had changed the assembly scene to a cottage on the boundaries of the city. This alerted all his senses, like a lion ready to pounce and made him somewhat apprehensive.

A sudden knock on his window hurled him out of his thoughts. Cloud looked right to see Alexander with a smirk on lips. He opened the door of his car and stepped out in the rather warm dusk. "You were engrossed in thoughts." Alexander vocalized once Wade joined them.

"Just pondering about Holako and his ploys."

"Do you think it's wise to involve Wade in this?" Alexander inquired when Wade ambled away to examine Alexander's black Pagani Huayra.

The Fury pulled at the collar of his brown trench coat over his white shirt. "He has to train and this is an unrivalled time for him to learn."

"Are we ready to go?" Wade questioned once he was done admiring the beauty.

"Yes, we are." Cloud took a step but halted, his gaze lingered to his friend's hands and he frowned. "I smell blood, Alex."

The friend stared at him shell-shocked. "My job got a little carried away."

"No it did not," Alexander sighed at his words. "You took your wrath out on your victim." Cloud smirked then sobered. "Do not display your fear in front of them. If you do, let me assure you, we will not see the next sunshine."

"I feel like we are going to a war." Wade huffed.

Alexander chuckled. "Do not fret, I got your back."

Here Cloud's lips twitched. He contemplated on what to utter and what card to unveil, for he was making a deal of life and death. The trio made their way in the woods once the last rays of sun disappeared and the night unfurled it's cloak on the sky. They trekked until the cottage came in sight. Before they could step on the stairs the wooden door opened to reveal a tall man who surveyed them with his coal black eyes. His long red hair tied on the nape of his neck, dressed in black. A wave of perturbation rushed over the Ghost but he fisted his feelings, and concreted them behind the walls of his unholy heart.

"Cloud Wolfic Jayden." spoke another incensed voice from behind the one who opened the door. A man appeared dressed in all black, like a death reaper, with his grey beard and brown eyes and they knew at once who this person was.

"Holako, leader of the magicians." a slow smirk formed on Cloud's lips.

"Come inside." Holako ordered, his face impassive now.

Cloud sauntered inside followed by his companions, the other sahir shut the door behind them and two other magicians appeared in the cottage in a blink of an eye. Without even a word, the Fury sat on the leather sofa, his poster unruffled and Holako took a seat facing him. Alexander sat alongside Cloud, while Wade on the sofa on his left. The other three sahirs did not wish to join them and stood on the corners of the wooden cottage. For a moment no one voiced a word, they stared at each other. From the corner of his eye Cloud saw the clench in Wade's fist, whereas Alexander, he merely peered at the magicians.

"Do you need something to drink?" Holako presented.

Cloud smiled. "A glass of whisky would do."