Chapter 171: What she told me

Raine's P

Raine's P.O.V.

And as I leave Hunter to practice his musical skills, I suppose I should be checking on Eda. And as I do so, she's looking at Gaia before looking back at me. "What did she tell you? She's acting all nervous-" She starts before Gaia speaks up. "Because I just released information, and Belos will freak out!"

"Well... I'll tell you, but you have to promise you won't tell Hunter, ok?" She just gives me silence before talking. "Why? Just tell me." Breaking under the pressure, I speak without thinking. "She told me she heard some guards talking about some guy name Demante who's partner killed Hunter's adoptive parents. So Demante took him in while taking a picture of the couple to show Hunter when he grew up. When Belos found out about the picture he burnt it and- actually, she also told me Belos said he killed the guy. But nobody saw him kill Demante. Wouldn't he kill a 'traitor' publicly as an example?" I've been talking for too long.

"He did tha- No. I can't even be surprised anymore. But how do we know we can trust her?" Gaia's eyes widen. ",Hold on. Hold on. What if I did something to get your trust?" Eda and I just give her looks of skepticism. How do we know she won't just run back to Belos?

(How is it?)