Chapter Three

Chapter 3 (Rebecca's pov)

"Greetings master goblin Griphook. I am Rebecca Lily Potter; it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I politely introduce myself to the goblin in charge of our vaults.

"Greetings master goblin Griphook. I am Rebecca's older twin brother, Harrison James Potter. I hope the time we spend together will be fruitful for three all of us." Harry adds, smiling charmingly at the goblin.

I look around the small office as I make my way further into the room. The wall on the far side is bare of anything, and sat in front of it is Griphook's desk, which is a plain wooden oak, that is piled high with paperwork, and scrolls. The Goblin is perched on an un-comfy looking chair staring at them with cold beady eyes. I couldn't help but notice a set of brass scales balanced precariously on one of the piles of paperwork. The rest of the office is relatively neatly organised. It has multiple bookcases that are only half full, with books, scrolls, and odd trinkets.

"Greetings Heir Potters. What can I do for you? Have you come because of the letters that have been sent about the vault discrepancies?" Griphook asks irritably.

"Letters? We have not received any letters... We came to ask for an inheritance test and to see if we could claim our lord and ladyship." Harry replies frowning.

"I see. That explains the lack of reply then. I have been trying to contact you about discrepancies in your account. It seems money is being withdrawn monthly, and I wanted to check to make sure that you both had approved these transactions." Griphook explains frowning. "I can perform the inheritance test as you wish, and then give you a full update on your accounts, and the transactions that gave been made if you would like?"

"Yes please, that sounds like the best course of action, and for the record we have not given permission for any money to be withdrawn from our account, so this news is very concerning." Harry says, frowning as well.

"Yes, well I imagine it would be. We will do the inheritance test first then, and then address the accounts." Griphook says. "Just let me get the necessary items for the test."
Griphook rustles behind his desk and pulls out two pieces of parchment, two jewelled curved ritual daggers, and two potions.

Griphook places the two parchment sheets in front of us on the desk, and hands us the dagger and potion.

"Now then, you need to drip seven drops of blood into the potion, and then pour the potion onto the parchment." Griphook explains, leaning back in his creaky chair.

Harry and I both pick up the ritual daggers and move our potions closer to us. I look away from Harry and focus on what I am doing. I carefully prick my finger with the dagger, and squeeze seven drops of blood into my potion. I then pull my finger away, and put it in my mouth to stop the bleeding. I wipe my blood off the dagger, with my top, and hand it back to Griphook before turning my attention back to the potion. I pick the potion up and pour it onto my piece of parchment, seeing Harry doing the same out of the corner of my eye.

As I watch the parchment absorbs the potion. I watch as words magically start appearing on it, spreading out like veins. The words appear blood red at first and then settle into black. I wait until all the words have finished appearing before  trying to read them.

Name: Rebecca Lily Potter

Mother: Lily Potter (Deceased)

Father: James Charles Potter (Deceased)

Blood Adopted Father: Sirius Orion Black (Falsely incarcerated)

Siblings: Harrison James Potter (Older twin brother)