Chapter 114

The battle was brutal.

And that was putting it lightly.

The twins were holding their own quite well, a lot of their products in their pockets coming in handy to confuse and disorient enemies.

But not having to use a wand to fight instantly made Leona the most deadly opponent for any death eater. And she wasn't even angry yet.

No.

She only got angry when she felt a certain someone walk across the barrier of wards set for a very specific person.

"ACCIO!" she screamed as she thrust a hand into the air. "Can I leave you two alone for two minutes?" she asked the twins as she stood by the balcony where Fred had essentially proposed to her.

"STUPEFY!" George yelled as he sent a death eater flying against the stone wall, effectively knocking them out. "We'll be fine," he promised before shielding himself from another attack.

"Where are you going?" Fred asked as he jinxed a death eater with a back-firing jinx.

"To visit the man who killed my mother and imprisoned my father," she answered before she jumped from the balcony.

Fred fired an explosive spell towards the group of death eaters approaching them as George and Angelina fought before he went running for the balcony.

And he peered over the high brick wall to see his girlfriend, now fiancée essentially, surfing on a broom, a trail of white smoke coming from the end as she headed down to the courtyard entrance where most of the fighting was happening.

And when she jumped off her broom and landed, a circle of fire rose from the ground, burning bright and burning high as it entrapped her and another man inside.

"I've been waiting for you Wormtail," Leona said darkly as she stared at the ratty man, his right hand made of silver after he cut the real one off bringing back Voldemort. "I've been waiting for you for eight years. Because eight years ago I discovered that you were the one that framed my father and killed my mother."

Peter Pettigrew hissed at her before trying to dive through the fire and Leona only made the flames burn higher and hotter before stretching out her hand.

"Expelliarmus," she said calmly, and his borrowed wand flew from his hand and into the flames, his real wand having been stolen by Ron in Malfoy Manor.

"Leona, Leona, please," the man snivelled. "I didn't mean to. I was your uncle. Please. Have mercy," he pleaded as he pressed his back as close as he dared to the wall of fire.

"Mercy?" Leona laughed before she lifted her hand, bolts of lightning dancing across her fingers. "You don't deserve mercy."

And then her hands were at her sides, the bolts now a deep green as she faced him.

"And my name is Rosalee."

She took a step closer, Wormtail flinching back, the sleeve of his tattered suit being singed by the flame.

"Rosalee was the name my parents gave me."

Another step.

"Rosalee was the name of the girl you orphaned."

Another step.

"And Rosalee will be the name of the girl who kills you."

She'd walked halfway across the circle, the flames following her as they made the space smaller.

"I don't need words to cast a spell, I don't even need my hands. But I want you to hear the spell I cast. I want you to see the spell I cast. And I want you to feel a fraction of the pain you caused me and that you caused my brother."

Holding his elbow, the man began to sink to the floor, tears and snot on his face.

"Please... Rose."

And that was the last straw.

"In the words of Severus Snape.... SECTUMSEMPRA!"