The Fated Encounter / Kiyopon wonders....

Alright,  I basically skipped the whole trial and saving Sakura thing.

So the timeline rn is 3 weeks before they board the ship.

Ye we in vol 3 now.

1. The Fated Encounter

Kiyopon was currently at the library, looking for something to read in order to pass the time.

Kiyopon picked a book from one of the shelves and read the title

' The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides'

Kiyopon was intrigued by the title so he checked out what it was about.

'Alicia Berenson, a famous painter, is held guilty for the murder of her husband, photographer Gabriel Berenson. Due to a plea of diminished responsibility, she is admitted to a secure forensic unit called the Grove. Theo Faber, a forensic psychotherapist with a keen interest in the Berenson case, successfully applies for a position at the Grove. At his request, he is placed in charge of Alicia, who has not spoken since the day of the murder. Although she remains mute during their therapy sessions, Alicia gives Theo her diary. In it, she describes being watched in her home by a masked man in the weeks before the murder.'

Kiyotaka was definitely interested in the book now, and as he was about to open it.

He looked to see a girl with mid-length silver hair with black ribbons tied behind it.

She was struggling to place a book at the top of the shelf.

Kiyotaka walked to her and gently pokes her for her attention.

" Huh?" She says in suprise as she looks at Kiyopon.

Kiyopon points to the book she was holding and then to himself.

" Oh! You want to return it for me?" She asked.

Kiyotaka nodded silently.

" Ah, thank you very much...." she says and gives him the book.

He nods and then places the book at the top of the shelf.

" Oh! Are you going to read that book you're holding?" She asked in excitement.

Kiyotaka nods.

" You're going to love it then! Wait, have you read this book before?" She says and pulls out another book.

Kiyotaka recognizes the book.

It was the one of the books from the Lord Peter series by Dorothy 

Kiyotaka nods in recognition, much to Hiyori's delight.

" Have you read it?" She asked.

Kiyotaka shakes his head 'no'

" Well, I highly recommend it because once you read the first book, you'll surely want to read the sequel." She said.

Kiyotaka stared at her, a bit perplexed by her sudden spontaneous behavior towards him.

Realizing that Kiyotaka was staring at her silently, she bows her head a bit and apologizes.

" O-Oh, Im sorry if I'm bothering you. You can go now, if you want." She says with a small smile.

But something was telling Kiyotaka that she didn't really want him to leave just yet.

And maybe he too, would like to stay with her for a while.