20-Whizzbee is the Name

And yeah, Leo's owl's brother is Pigwidgeon :D Dedicated to @volleyballreader for guessing it first!

☆☆ Astronomy the Next Day ☆☆

Leo's POV

We had discussed the prophecy after dinner the day before, but we didn't find out much.

Astronomy was the first class today, and I made the very important decision of spending the entire period figuring out what I was going to name my owl.

I wrote down the names that came to me. I considered Killer, Fireowl, Flame, Feather, Big Eyes, 360 Head, Fluff, Happy, Candy, Whizzbee, Frisbee, Fritz, Hyper, Hammer, and Owl.

Thinking of a name in Astronomy was a genius idea, since it looked like I was working on my chart. Professor Sinistra didn't suspect a thing!

Professor Sinistra went on about the names of the stars and describing them.

I stopped thinking of names for a second and turned to Jason, "How does this even work? The sun is just Apollo's sports car. Are there even planets at all?"

Jason shrugged, "Not sure, I never really cared much. I know the mortals pretended to go to the moon though. Or the gods wiped their memories and made them think they had went to space. I think Annabeth knows, you can ask her later."

I nodded and began crossing out some of the names. Now I had Whizzbee, Fluff, Hyper, Happy, Feathers, and Flame. I liked them all!

I turned to Nico and asked him which was the best. He took the parchment, "Hm...I like Flame."

"What about you Pinecone Face?" I asked Thalia.

She whapped me behind the head and read the names, "How about Stupid Little Feathery Git?"

I blinked, "Where did I write that?"

"You didn't," she rolled her eyes. "Flame's cool."

"Hyper and Happy's cute," Piper said. "Whizzbee sounds good though."

Jason scanned the parchment, "Whizzbee's a nice name for it."

"It's a 'he' not an 'it'," I corrected. Then I faltered, "At least I think it's a boy."

"I didn't know the gender, so I said, 'it'," he explained.

"Whatever dude, Whizzbee it is then!"

In History of Magic, Piper and Jason told Annabeth and Percy what we did in Astronomy, but Percy wasn't listening, he was too busy doing some dignified sleeping. Drooling all over his parchment.

There was so much drool I had to stop myself from going over and wiping it all up before it drips to the floor and goes over to my shoes.

Okay, maybe he wasn't drooling that much, but I was still a bit freaked.

As Professor Binns took attendance, he stopped at Drew's name. He looked at her, "Finally decided to come to class? Professor Sprout tells me you didn't go to yesterday morning's classes."

Drew nodded absently, "Got that right."

Professor Binns went on, and kept calling Percy's name until Annabeth imitated his voice and said, "Here."

This was the most boring class I've ever been in. The monster classes we had at Camp Half-Blood were much more interesting. There's always a ton of action. And lots of monsters have lots of awesome abilities. Like how a katoblep is in serious need of some breath mints.