Last Chapter

Vince's POV

"Do we have everything we need?" I asked as I pulled on my bulletproof vest.

Dante nodded his head as he fixed a handgun in its holster.

"Bring the men inside." I ordered, my eyes skimming over the blueprints of the house that I was about to raid and ultimately destroy. The possibilities of how this whole operation could go down were endless but this was our only chance to bring back Rosa and Cece and take down the Mexican cartel once and for all.

My men poured inside the room one by one. Each person had a grave look on their face. Their bodies armed with guns and knives and protected by their bulletproof vests. I could tell some were scared. They repeatedly fidgeted with their vests, their sweaty hands could not stay in one place. Mainly the new recruits.

"Do you all know why you're here?"

They remained silent. "Speak up!" I spoke again in my demanding tone, this time louder and in my mother tongue so they could all understand me.

"Yes!" They all answered in unison.

"You." I pointed at one of my more experienced men, a loyal and capable man he was. "Pedro, why are we here?"

"We are here to save one of our own from the Mexican cartel."

"They have three of our people. We are here to make a statement. We're here to bring back our people to safety and we are here to give our answer to these Mexican fuckers who thought they could put a hand on our family and then hide in our home and get away with it."

They all yelled with vigor as they agreed with my words. I could feel the adrenaline in the room rising. My men were ready. My women were ready. I was ready.

"If you see someone that's not one of us, you shoot. If there are kids, get them out. Kill the men and women. Understood?"

"Si." They responded in unison once more and with one nod from me, they scurried off to their positions.

Silent rage consumed me as I placed my guns in their holsters. All of them locked and loaded.

Dante caught me staring into blank space and spoke, "I've got your back. Don't worry."

I released a long breath calming my erratic nerves. "I know you do." I answered in our mother tongue, leaving the compound with Dante right at my heel. There wasn't a single doubt in my mind that Dante would do what needed to be done. I had more faith in him than I had in myself.

We made our way to Alvaro's place in cars, stopping a few roads away in order to not announce our arrival.

Just as discussed, all my men made their way to their positions and once they were there, they'd speak into the walkie talkie.

"I'm ready." With that the last person, who happened to be no other than Lia, was in position.

Everything happened within a split second. One moment it was silent and the next it was deafening with rubble flying through the air and I couldn't correctly place what had just happened.

Rosa's POV

I felt the blast before I heard it. My eyes flashed open as the ground beneath me rumbled and I swung from the chains I was hanging by from the ceiling. I knew instantly, Vince was here. It was time to use up the energy I had been saving up this past week.

The countless taunts that I ignored, the amount of times I pretended to be a good little girl so that they would keep feeding me and keep me hydrated was for exactly this moment. I knew Vince would catch on to the hint I gave him.