1

Brooke

"Roman, we're stuck," is the first thing I say upon looking out the window.

Roman and I thought it was a good idea to visit my grandparents in Minnesota. But, well, it was... until now. Trying to get to the airport, it's snowing a crap ton.

I look over at Roman who looks frustrated. His eyebrows knit together and he has a scowl on his face when he looks over it me. "I think I see that now,"

I chuckle. "I'm just letting you know," I put my hands up in defensive.

Ah the joys of Minnesota in January.

"There's a hotel up ahead," Roman says, glancing down at his phone. "I think we can make it there."

I nervously look outside. "I don't-"

He follows my gaze out the window. "It'll be okay," He reassures me. "We have all our snow gear on and it's just up this hill,"

I glare his way, but nod anyways.
And to be honest, the walk to the hotel actually wasn't that bad. It was quite peaceful actually. The snow was beautiful and besides getting stuck, it's a good night to see the snow.

The hotel we go into is a simple motel type place. But it's actually almost like a log cabin with it's inside decor. I look around in awe.

"It's beautiful," I say to no one in particular.

I feel Roman kiss my cheek, "I'm going to go check us in," He says and walks over to the counter.

I look at him as he leaves and I smile to myself. I really love him. Like seriously. No matter how moody or serious he can be, he's the best guy I've ever met. We've been together three years now. It's crazy to think of how much time has passed.

Roman graduated and got his degree in computer science. He now works at a school district as their IT department head. He wouldn't admit it but I know he loves helping the kids with their technology. He tells me new stories all the time. At first, I thought it was a little out of character for him but then I realized that maybe he's just never been able to show that side of him until it was right in front of him.

Every time I see him with his stepsister, Lydia, my heart squeezes. She looks very similar to him with her identical hazel eyes but she has dark red hair that is gorgeous.

I'm finishing up my degree and in a few weeks I will actually co-own the dance studio I have been working at. The owner and I have a very good relationship and she is sadly going to retire soon.

When she asked me I actually cried and hugged her for like thirty minutes. One because I was then realizing that I was going to eventually own the studio, but also at the fact that she was retiring. When I started the job I was so nervous and she was the best thing I could have asked for. I get a little emotional everytime I think of it.

Roman walks back over with the room key and I think he notices my shivering because he wraps his arms around me. "Your clothes are freezing!" I squeal.

He chuckles. "Tough," He says, as he kisses my forehead. "Let's go get some rest, 'kay?"

I look up at him and nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash

"You got everything didn't you?" I frantically ask Derek as I search the hotel room for anything we might have missed.

He sighs and I see the amusement on his face. "Yes I did, now can we please get some food?" He pleads.

I look over at him and smile at his tired looking eyes. He had a big game tonight and I was anxious the entire time. We leave early in the morning for a flight out to Dallas and Derek and I both agreed to have the stuff packed before we go to sleep.