Chapter 15 - Whoops.

Robin

The cool air wisped the hairs that strayed from the messy bun I'd tussled earlier that morning. I took another drag from the fragrant cigarette that was held anxiously between two fingers. It was a habit I'd resumed since things were up in the air with Ashley and I. My eyes scoured the outside of the ten-storey building, hoping I'd catch a glance of the blonde-haired woman whom as of late, haunted my nights.

Sighing, I tossed the butt aside, my long legs stalking across the street. It was Tuesday, and Ellie booked me for a four-hour session today.

"Come with your face fresh, no makeup, no oils, no moisturiser." I remembered her words keenly. It wasn't my first rodeo obviously, but I suppose Ellie needed to reiterate—for her own satisfaction. My once slender arms were now somewhat toned, courtesy of the gym on the first floor of my apartment building. I gave a small nod over to the receptionist, who'd gotten quite used to seeing me around the building now.

The elevator doors slid open on their own, revealing the blonde goddess who used my heart as her own drum set. I stepped aside, thinking she would simply walk past me.

"Just the person I was looking for." She breathed.

Her voice still as intoxicating as ever. Her skin still as taut as the first time I laid eyes on her. Why was she looking for me?

"Here I am,"

She motioned for me to join her. With a step, I stood beside her in the ambient elevator.

"You know," she said after a silent moment. "I didn't think you'd come...but I'm glad you did."

Her cheeks tinged red as she spoke.

She's glad I came. I let out a breath that I didn't know I held. Relief. That's how it felt. I didn't want things to be weird between us. I loved her for crying out loud.

I was madly in love with her.

"It's like you said, business comes first." I tried to silence my heart which pounded loudly in my chest.

My eyes gave her another once over. Her lips were puckered in thought, covered in gloss. The blue jeans she wore clung to her like second skin. Her blouse hugged her waist, with a smidge of skin exposed at her midriff. Ashley glanced up at me, and I unintentionally bit my lip.

The elevator ride felt as though it went on for hours. I wanted to touch her. I fought every urge to kiss her, hold her, feel the warmth of her skin under my fingers. To taste her.

A ding brought me back to reality. I cleared my throat and stepped out, making my way to the studio. The top floor of May's was the photo studio. It was filled with the most intricate, expensive equipment you could think of. They had a few different stages built, for different scenes and angles. Each stage portrayed a completely different story.

"Robin, finally!" I heard her heels before I heard her.

Ellie clicked over to me, rubbing her palms. "I'm so excited for you to see the Christmas designs I've done. You've been MIA for a while, missed out on the entire creative process."

I chuckled at her excitement. From what I could tell, I was one of the only people who saw this side of Ellie Elizabeth May. "Show me what you got."

She pulled me behind a curtain where clothing bags hung by the numbers.

"Check this out," she unzipped a few bags, revealing her designs.

It was lingerie. No fucking way.