2

Derek

Ash has been gone for over an hour and I'm trying not to panic. I decide to pay for our food and take hers to go.

I've been looking for her everywhere. I should have looked at the room first, but knowing Ash she might have gotten distracted by the gift shops they have here.

The elevator ride up seems like tourture waiting to see if she's up here. I swear to god I might actually loose it if she's not there.

The elevator doors open and I basically run down the hall, putting the key card in and yank the door open. The room is empty, the lights are off.

Where the fuck is she?

I quickly leave the room again and take the elevator down. I try calling her three times but she doesn't pick up. I knew this hotel had bad vibes to it. Ash thought I was just paranoid but now I don't think I am.

Once I get downstairs I see firemen outside the opposite elevator. My heart drops.

I see another guy about my age yelling at one of them. Well I'm not sure he's full on yelling but he's clearly angry. He's a big guy too, I can see the vein on his neck budge against a tattoo.

"Who's in the elevator?" I ask frantically, to a nearby fire fighter.

The guy looks at me weird and then his eyes widen. "Holy shit, you're Derek Collins, you're on the Wilds," he says.

My eyebrows scrunch up. People actually know my name? Yeah, I'm on an NHL team but I'm basically a bench warmer 85% of the game.
"Uh, yeah, that's me," I say back.

This is the first time since college that anyone has recognized me.

He face shifts to a frown. "You're dating Ash Mayfield right?"

Now I glare at him, "How the hell do you know that?"

He puts his hands up in defense. "She said you were her boyfriend but I didn't believe her?"

"And where the hell is Ash that she told you this?" I ask, trying to keep my cool.

"Oh hell, you don't know?" I shake my head.

"I've been looking for her," I say.

"Where the hell is she?" I ask, frustration and anger lace my voice.

"Her and this other girl got stuck in the elevator," He points behind him at angry guy. "That guy over there is the boyfriend of the other chick-"

I don't let him finish and waltz over to the guy who is still ranting to the firefighter. "Why haven't you got them out yet?" I interrupt, forcing the angry guy and the firefighter to look over at me.

The fire fighter sighs, "Just as I was telling him-"

"It's been over a fucking hour!" The guy yells.

"Sir, I know that-"

I butt in. "Well clearly you don't because my girlfriend is stuck in there and you guys are doing nothing!" I yell back.

Angry guy seems satisfied with my statement and nods.

"We are going to have to remove you two if you don't stop fighting with us," He says. "We are doing the best we can,"

The guy beside me's jaw twitches and he looks ready to throw a punch. "Well try fucking harder," he says and storms away, taking a seat nearby.

I don't say another word to the fire fighter and walk the direction the other guy went. When I get closer to him he calls out to me, "So your girl is in there too?" He asks.