CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

"YOUR NAME is Balgrath?" Cira was interrogating the demi-human from the black wolf tribe who volunteered to remain with them after all the demi-humans and halflings left Belrac to go to Adral, a place Hakken suggested. Apparently, it's a town that accepted and respected the halfling and demi-human race without prejudice.

Balgrath actually kneeled in front of Sollel so he could accompany her group in their journey. The middle-aged demi-human male wanted to serve and protect the queen in any way he could for saving his tribesmen and other demi-humans like him.

In truth, Balgrath had no idea which race the queen belonged to; it didn't really matter to him. Even his life was not enough as repayment for what the queen did for them—saving them when she didn't have to. It was very much appreciated, and he decided to show his appreciation by offering his life to the queen.

And the queen reluctantly accepted fealty of Balgrath, the demi-human warrior.

Sollel needed another warrior since after they reach the city of Ager, the capital of Treterra, Hakken would no longer be with them. Though Sollel knew she could probably employ Hakken after that, but she didn't want to drag him into her fight. Anyone who helped her save Gatria would be condemned by humanity. Hunter or not, she didn't want to put Hakken in a position where he'd be hunted and chastised. He had helped her enough.

If only the one who freed me was here. That thought always came to Sollel's mind. To be able to free her from the moonrite prison, to be able to go against the Infernal Empire, that person must've been powerful. But after freeing me, that person didn't show themselves again, like they didn't care what happens next.

Sollel took a deep breath before glancing at Balgrath, who was being interrogated by Cira while they were eating in a tavern in Belrac. Sollel didn't mind the people around them who were looking weirdly at their table because they were sharing a meal with a demi-human, which humans considered a low being—a slave.

Yes, they hadn't left Belrac. After destroying the Duves family, Cira felt hungry, so they looked for a tavern.

"Your name is too long," Cira complained while eating a fried fowl's leg. "Anyway, after what happened with Len, I'm not going to trust you easily, you hear me? You must prove yourself!

Balgrath bowed his head at Cira. "Whatever Lady Cira wishes."

Cira looked pleased. "Good. Good. But your name is still too long."

"Just call him Grath." Sollel casually gave Balgrath a nickname to stop Cira's complaints, not realizing what she just did.

Balgrath looked pleased with his new name, and because everyone was too focused on the food and in the conversation, they didn't see the lavalike liquid that swirled inside Balgrath's eyes for a split second the moment Sollel gave him the nickname. Even the Balgrath himself didn't feel it until later.

"Thank you, Your Highness." Grath respectfully bowed his head at Sollel. "Your Highness, I suggest we leave Belrac immediately. News travels fast. The Kingdom of Treterra will immediately send an army here to imprison or kill anyone responsible for what happened to the Duves family."

Hakken, who was putting food on Sollel's plate, nodded with Grath. "I agree with Grath. We should leave immediately. The Duves family is one of the highest profit makers in the kingdom after all. With their family and livelihood destroyed here in Belrac, the kingdom will surely be angry that they lost a great deal of income."

"Then let's eat fast and leave," said Sollel while trying to plan ahead.

Sollel tried her best not to leave a mark while traveling to avoid alerting the four kingdoms where she was, but after what she did to the Duves family, not only the empire but also the Kingdom of Treterra would be after her now.