Chapter 41

Castor loved the Weasleys as if they were her own family

Castor loved the Weasleys as if they were her own family. The Pukwudgie in her was fiercely protective of those she considered family. Bill with his stories of Egypt and fang earrings. Charlie with his similar love of creatures and joking personality. Percy, with his determination to make his own way in the world, and his protective love of his siblings. The twins, with their endless practical jokes and ability to diffuse almost any situation with their humor and love of mischief. There was Ron, with his ability to make anyone feel welcome, he'd been unafraid to make friends with her and her twin as well as Harry on the Hogwarts Express three years ago, and she'd been lucky to consider him her friend, brother even, ever since.

And then there was Ginny.

Ginerva Molly Weasley, the only daughter of the Weasley clan, who held a special place in their hearts, as well as in the Jones'. The youngest redhead was headstrong and a loyal friend, who wasn't afraid to stand up to anyone who tried to put her down. Castor was surprised to see her stand up to Lucius Malfoy in her first year, and she had never been prouder to know the young girl. Pollux was never afraid to include her in the pranks put on by himself and the Weasley Twins so she could avoid bein caught up in the fallout, and when she asked, was always willing to play a pick-up game of quidditch with her at the Burrow.

Their time at Hogwarts was a bit different. Being the youngest, she was often found hanging out with her best friend Luna Lovegood, another sweet friend of Castor's from her own house of blue and bronze. Luna was an odd young girl, not that it mattered to her very much in the slightest. Castor hadn't had very many conversations with the platinum haired student, but the times that she did were always interesting to say the least. But she was Ginny's best friend, and that meant that wherever the Gryffindor went, the Ravenclaw was sure to follow.

Castor loved that after Ginny's shitty first year at school, having been kidnapped and manipulated into the Chamber of Secrets, she was glad to see the Gryffindor bravery shining through every day. She knew Ginny still had nightmares about the diary, about the damp, cold air of the Chamber, and the sound of the Basilisk as it slithered through the pipes. But Luna was always there. And for that, Castor had never been more grateful to Luna Lovegood.

The young Gryffindor must have a habit of making friends with Ravenclaws, because she had a similar relationship with Castor. The older witch considered Ginny to be very special to her. They'd grown closer over the previous summer at the Burrow, having been the only other female besides Hermione to interact with, Ginny and Castor had grown quite close.

Which was why, Castor had invited her to Hogsmeade to go shopping for the Yule Ball. In anticipation for the dance, the professors had allowed students to travel to the village the entire week before the dance, once classes were over, and as long as they were back by dinner. Rather than everyone swarm the shops on the same weekend before...

And unlike Ron, who had to wear the outdated dress robes sent to him by Molly, Ginny was given a few extra galleons to buy her own dress. Being a third year student, she normally wouldn't have been able to attend the Yule Ball but having been asked to go as friends with Neville, she happily agreed. Ginny had just about tackled Castor into a squeezing hug when she'd invited her to come shopping with her and Eliza.