Can't Go Back to What We Were

You were Nina's, Queen of the Woodland Elves, consort. She picked you on recommendation from Frigga, Queen of Asgard. You were born Asgardian, it was your home but you didn't want to miss an opportunity to be a queen's consort. At the time you were picked you would have done anything to leave Asgard. It held too much pain for you all because of an arrogant heartless prince. Prince Loki ripped your heart to ribbon and didn't bat an eyelash doing it. When you were younger you dated the prince. You two were steady for years, everyone figured you would get married. That all got thrown out the window when you caught him in bed with another woman. You remember the horror so vividly like it's seared into your brain. You walked into his room and found him on top of another girl and when you made your presents known he just laughed. He even asked if you'd like to join. You could have thrown up at how easily those words rolled of his tongue. You ran out of the room only to bump into Frigga and Thor. They asked what was the matter and you explained what you saw as the tears ran down your face. Frigga knew the best way for you to heal is to leave Asgard and that's when Queen Nina came into the picture. She took you away from that place of pain and heartbreak, gave you a new home, friends and took a quick liking to your humor and whit. You've been her consort for 10 years now. She trusts and confides in you. You go everywhere with her. Two peas in a pod even though she's older than you. If you were sick she'd stop the world if it would make you feel better and you'd do the same. You were sitting with her in her study while she was responding to letters. "Oh this one is for you my darling." She says passing a golden envelope to you. You were surprised you received a letter. Sure you would write to your parents but that was usually around holidays. You can tell by the envelope and the calligraphy of your name it was something important from the palace. "Well are you going to look at it all day or are you going to open it." Nina teases as she looks over the top of her glasses at you. You take her letter opener and slice it open. Inside was a glittery invitation. Prince Thor was getting married and you were invited personally. You hand the invitation to Nina so she can read it too. "Ah that fine young man is settling down huh. Oh to a woman named Foster? That's a Midgardian name isn't it?" "Yes I believe so." "Interesting. Are you attending?" She asks handing the card stock back. "I don't know. This would be my first time back since you chose me." "You could see your family. Maybe meet a special someone." She teases with a gentle nudge of her elbow. "Oh gods. Why would I meet someone special if I have you my queen. I couldn't possibly leave you for someone else." You tease right back as she rolls her eyes. "Now really what are your reservations about going? And don't lie to me I'm an elf after all. I can tell you're hesitant. Is it about about that guy?" She takes your hands in hers and gives them a reassuring squeeze. "Prince Loki." You sigh as you sink into yourself. "I don't know if I could face him again. Sure what he did was in the past but it really hurt. We were together for so long. Many people thought we would get married. I feel like he just through me away like I was nothing." Nina slowly guides your head up so you're looking at her. "You're not nothing. You're not something that can be thrown away. He was the idiot for hurting you. You are special and I love you so much. If someone can't see that they aren't worth the air they breathe. I can write to Frigga and see if he will be in attendance then you can decide if you want to go. Sound good?" "Yes thank you." You say leaning into her palm. "Anything for you my love."

You were helping Queen Nina pick out jewelry for a party when she quickly walked to her desk suddenly. "Oh I received word back from Queen Frigga. Just got to figure out where I put that letter." She hums as she shuffles through papers. "Ah here it is. Go on and read it, then think about what you want to do." She hands you the letter before retuning the mirror.
"Nina, you can assure Lady (Y/N) that prince Loki will not be attendance for Thor's wedding. He has told the family that he is off realm and can not make it back in time for the festivities. It would make Thor so happy to see (Y/N) again. He always asks how she's doing as your consort. Please tell her she has nothing to worry about. We hope to see her again. Best, Frigga"
"Well? Will you go?" "Yes I think I will. Thank you for asking for me." "Not a problem dear. Now we got to plan your outfits." Nina says with a giddy sparkle in her eye. "We can worry about that later. You have a party to attend." You laugh as you help set her crown straight. "Yes of course. Don't know what I'd do without you." She kisses your cheek before adjusting your tiara.