Chapter 93: I'm Scared

The night breeze was cold. Chu Yu watched dense ghost qi emerge from the hotel. Pulling his jacket tight, he lit a cigarette and puffed on it. Only when several infant spirits flapping their reincarnation wings flew across his head did he raise his head again.

He'd seen reincarnation wings at the Daoist temple during those years. To help a general find the road to the underworld, an old Daoist priest had used his own cultivation to condense a pair of wings. The wings would only vanish after it brought the general's soul to the gates of the underworld. Such a method consumed a hefty amount of spiritual qi, which was why few cultivators were willing to make such a large sacrifice for lonely souls and wild ghosts. Of course, there also weren't many people capable of using this skill.

He didn't expect to see it again more than eight hundred years later.

Though it was quite pretty.

He finished the cigarette stick and then used a cleansing skill, dispersing the smell of smoke on him till there was no trace of it left. Then, he returned to the car and started it up.

Looking at the time, the boss and Fu Li would come out soon.

There had been a power failure backstage and the emergency backup system had failed. Under normal circumstances, this would just be a small issue. However, it became a huge problem because this error had happened at such an important event. If it got out, there was no telling how many people would mock the organizers for their incompetence. The person-in-charge hurriedly rushed backstage and was just about to apologize to these big shots when he heard that the Second Young Master of the Zhao family had fainted. Upon hearing this news, blood sugar rushed up his throat and he hated that he couldn't faint dead away as well.

The person-in-charge called for the doctor stationed on their end to come over and administer emergency treatment, smiling as he apologized. Although these big shots didn't complain much, important figures like them were masters at not showing their emotions on their face. Only the Heavens would know whether or not they truly took offense.

After respectfully sending these people off, the person-in-charge started scolding the staff responsible for order and security backstage. "The power failure lasted for almost twenty minutes backstage. What exactly were all of you doing, why didn't you contact me immediately?"

The security staff were scolded into silence. They didn't feel like much time had lapsed from the moment the power failure occurred to the moment the big shots entered the room and sat down, yet almost twenty minutes had gone by. It was also extremely strange that not a single person had notified the front counter during the power failure.

"You guys had better pray that this matter doesn't cause a ruckus outside, otherwise all of us will be done for," The person-in-charge rubbed his face. Forcing out a smile, he went to deal with the big shots from the entertainment industry.

Zhuang Qing and the rest walked out through the VIP passage. After everyone spoke a few words of courtesy, they prepared to get into their cars and leave. Fu Si, who was behind Zhuang Qing and Fu Li, held it in for a very long time but eventually still quietly voiced the doubt in his heart.

"Mr Zhuang, you seem to have forgotten to take the item you bidded for."

Even if he didn't hold an item he bidded a million for in high regard, he shouldn't leave it at the auction venue. It would be very awkward if it were to be discovered by the organizer, and would be detrimental to Zhuang Qing if it were to get out.

"Item he bidded for?" Fu Li stared blankly for a moment before smiling. "Oh, we already took it. During the power failure, we ran into an artist we're familiar with along the corridor. He helped us take it out."