Rule 11: The Queen Must Be Able To See Ahead

Lunch was one of the few periods Yvonne was able to be with Dominic. With him being a STEM student and she being into the Humanities, they barely had any classes together. So because of that, they made sure to savor their lunch time.

Dominic was usually outside of Yvonne's class, waiting to escort her to lunch. It was rare to not see him. Not wanting to look foolish standing lying by herself, she walked alone to lunch.

Near the cafeteria, Yvonne saw Dominic. She parted her lips to call out to him but paused as she saw Miroslava next to him. She knew she wasn't meant to be feeling uneasy, Miroslava wasn't interested in Dominic like that.

However, it was Miroslava they were talking about.

So Yvonne stayed quiet as she walked forward. Dominic noticed her and walked over, leaving the Russian blonde to enter the large food hall. Yvonne smiled at her boyfriend as he wrapped an arm around her.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Just fine," came her soft reply.

Yvonne looked at his regular table. There was one more seat. Yvonne frowned. There was no way it was for her, Dominic's friends didn't like her enough to get her a seat. She glanced up at Dominic who was also confused.

They both got to the table and Dominic sat down at his usual seat. Yvonne was still standing, eyeing the empty chair next to Dominic. She was still contemplating sitting down- also wondering why something so trivial was affecting her so much-, when Adamata walked over to the table with a slim dark skinned girl with waist length 4c hair.

"You can sit here," the Albanian gestured to the seat next to Dominic.

Both his and Yvonne's brows were raised. Dominic swiftly looked at Darjani. To his surprise and slight terror, she had a soft smile on her face as she regarded the new member of their table.

"Somadina, right?" The girl nodded, a bit shy at being asked to sit amongst the scariest and most lusted after group at her school.

"Your hair is so pretty, you know?" Miroslava leaned towards her.

"Oh, thank you. Yours too. You know, you're just really pretty, Miroslava," the Nigerian girl mumbled, clearly uncomfortable and scared.

"Since when we're outsiders allowed to sit with us?" Dominic raised a brow as he looked at the new girl with boredom and faint disdain on his face.

She frowned and looked down at her lap.

Darjani chuckled, "You started it, darling." She locked eyes with Yvonne.

The latter knew very well that Darjani called most people 'darling', it just hit different when it was Dominic.

"Let's not go into this, Darjani."

If he were to be honest with himself, Dominic was still quite pissed. He spared a glance at Adonis who was busy with his phone, completely uncaring of what was happening. For that moment, he resented the Greek, terribly.

"Alright," She smiled, "Anyways. This is Somadina Fashola. Pretty, isn't she?"

Dominic's eyes narrowed. It didn't take a genius to realise that Darjani wanted to add a new member to their group. That fact alone scared him and made him weary of the girl next to him. Just what about her caught Darjani's interest?

Gaining her interest as an elite from another school was hard enough, doing so as a commoner was near impossible. The fact that Darjani liked this girl to the point that she wanted her in the group was terrifying.

"Would you like to hang out with us today after school?" Miroslava asked as she smiled, "My house."

Adamata couldn't help but look at the Russian with contempt.

"Oh, um, yeah, sure. That would be fine." She smiled.

"You don't have to act so shy around us," Adamata let a snide grin take over her features, "Be free. Show us who you really are."

Yvonne saw something flash in the girl's eyes. It was the same glint that was present in the eyes of the elite. Something wild, sinister.

She shifted away unknowingly. The little movement made Adonis snap his head to her unconsciously. His eyes met hers and Yvonne stayed frozen. He was handsome, no doubt, a blessing to the eyes, but in that moment, he seemed inhuman.

"Dominic, I'll go sit with my friends. See you after lunch." She bent to peck his cheek and then walked away.

Somadina's pale brown eyes followed Yvonne's movements, "She shifted away from me."

"Yeah, I saw that one," Adonis replied, still typing away at his phone.

Darjani's eyes narrowed as she saw the way Somadina looked at him. There was a hunger in her eyes and for some reason unbeknownst to her, Darjani didn't like that.

However, she wasn't one to act on impulse so she smiled coyly at the newest addition to their group, "Don't worry about her. But tell me, are you going to come?"

"Oh, definitely. Wouldn't miss it for the world." She beamed.

Darjani smiled. She liked Somadina's eyes. They were like Adamata's, the eyes of someone who was very willing to serve. Someone searching for affirmation. Those were the eyes of someone she could use and manipulate.

But despite that, she genuinely liked the girl beyond that. She just hoped she would be able to prove herself useful. This was their final year. It was a year when students grew bold and attempt to shake the total ladder, realising that they have less than a year left of high school and wanted to do something wild.

A year when students realised they wanted payback, wanted to taste the top, wanted something.

Darjani was ready to deal with anyone who dared come for her crown or her status, beginning with the little blonde girl who wanted her king.