CHAPTER 3

Authors note:

Hey everyone! I am so sorry this update was late. My mental health wasn't the best, so I went down to the beach for a little bit of a break and then left my laptop down there. Fun weekend 😐

Also, I just wanted to add, I'm Australian and have no idea how America works! So if I get some things wrong, please let me know <3

Anyway, I have a question for all of you! Do you want me to start writing longer chapters or stay this length?

That's all, thank you, everyone :)

***

Blood drips from my knife, my hands shaking with adrenaline and my mind thinking dark thoughts. My heart flutters as I watch the man struggling to put as much distance between him and me as possible. I watch as his shirt turns into a beautiful dark red, and his eyes close for a second, probably hoping I would kill him already.

He coughs up blood, spraying it all over my nice clothes.

"Dude, what the fuck" I yell annoyingly, looking down at my jeans. I sigh, running my hands through my hair, watching as the forest grows dark.

Oh, sorry, I completely forgot you had no idea why I had to get my hands dirty tonight.

3 hours before

After an agonising day of school, I Load my car with all my school books and head home to get ready for a night out with Sammy. Earlier today, we were studying god knows what, and I think a test is coming up, but I'm not sure.

As we were packing up our things, she asked if I wanted to hang out and watch a movie in town, and I said yes. No one could say no to Sam, trust me. When we were younger, she asked me to come to this girl's birthday party, and I said no, and she didn't talk to me for days until I agreed.

Hearing a car honking pulled me out of my trance, making me quickly remove forward from the lights. When I arrived home, I went straight to my room and hoped I didn't have to talk to anyone.

After taking a shower, I put on some dark blue ripped jeans, an oversized dark grey tee and white air forces. For my makeup, I just curled my lashes and added mascara. I wouldn't say I like wearing makeup, but I feel compelled to do so in today's society.

Grabbing my headphones, lighter, cigarettes and wallet, I place them all into my tote bag, ready to leave. As I turn to go, I trip on something. I look down, and my signature knife lies near my foot. Smirking, I pick it up and place it in my bag, finally ready to leave.

I hear the front door open, and I inwardly curse.

"Lily, you home?" My mother calls.

Sighing, I walk down to meet her. "Obviously," I say, rolling my eyes.

"That is no way to talk to the person that gave birth to you, and don't you dare roll your eyes at me, young lady", She scolded me.

I glanced up at her, saying quite sorry and walked to the front door.

"Lily, please be careful tonight. I know you're probably going out with Sam, but it's not safe anymore with this town killer. I love you and be home soon," she tells me worriedly.

"Of course," I say, smirking, walking out the front door.

___

Breathing in, I instantly feel the burning sensation of smoke entering my lungs. While breathing out, I glance over this pathetic excuse of a town and wonder why the hell my family thought this place was a good idea. The hottest it gets in summer is about 70°, and it rains most of the time.