Chapter 15: The Second Transformation

T/W: Mentions of blood, death, angst and poor eating.

Y/n's POV:
The day lasted longer than I had hoped. Nerves and fear were running though my veins. Fred and George had spent all day comforting me and telling me it will be alright. Although it helped slightly, I knew it wouldn't be alright but I didn't want the twins to know that.

We all filed in for dinner, I wasn't hungry at all, the nerves had completely took away my hunger. I sat down next to Fred and George sat opposite us. The food appeared on the table, the twins immediately piled food onto their plate and devouring their chips and chicken. I however, had not put any food onto my plate because I know that I wouldn't eat it. I lowered my head and fiddled with my hands. But soon enough both the twins stopped in their tracks and looked at me with worried eyes.

"Why aren't you eating love?" Fred asked. I smiled at the nickname but my head remained low.

"I'm not hungry." I muttered.

"Nerves?" George whispered across the table. The only reply I gave was a slow and small nod, now raising my head to meet the twins worried eyes.

"You need to eat something Y/n." Fred said.

"Even if it's a little bit." George added.

"I said I'm not hungry. But thank you boys." I said, looking back down and going back to fiddle with my fingers. But I head the rattle of utensils of food and clunking of something hitting my plate. I looked up to see the twins had placed some chips onto my plate it was less than 10 chips.

"Y/n, can you please eat a couple of these chips." George said.

"You haven't eaten anything since dinner yesterday." Fred said.

"I'll try." I replied which earned a wide smile from both twins. They looked at me with hopeful eyes. I picked up a chip, but the twins picked up one chip. As I was bringing it to my mouth, the twins were bringing it to their mouths. I slowly took a bite of the chip and chewed it slowly before swallowing the half of the chip. I noticed the twins had done the same, biting half the chip and swallowing it. I done the same again with the other half of the chip and the twins followed suit. I smiled widely at them, appreciating their gesture. I always knew the twins were amazing friends but eating at the same pace with me in support was one of the sweetest things they had done all day.

"We're so proud of you Y/n!" The twins said in unison.

"Thank you." I said timidly.

"Do you want to do another chip? We'll do it with you again." Fred said.

"Yes please." I whispered.

And again, me and the twins ate another chip, going at my own pace. Fred and George constantly supported me with every bite. But I didn't even realise I had eaten all the chips on my plate. A smile grew on my face, it it hadn't been for the twins and how much they care for me, I wouldn't have eaten anything.

"Thank you both so much." I said happily as I hugged Fred and promised that I'd hug George.

"We'd do it anytime for you. We are both so proud of you Y/n!" Fred said.

"I love you both so much!" I said which caused both the twins to smile, but I saw Fred blush.

Soon enough dinner was over, we rose from our seats and made our way out of the great hall, as promised I gave George a hug which turned into a large group hug. Not wanting to let go because I know what's about to happen.

"Y/n." A voice called behind me. I turned my head to see Poppy Pomfrey standing aside waiting for me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Give me a minute." I said as I turned back to the twins.