Epilogue - Part 8

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed Niko and Jersey's story. You can proceed to Hate The Game if you want to read more from Game Series. Thank you x 

Epilogue – Part 8

"Nikolai."

I stared at the woman in front of me. I knew she's my mother... but... I literally lost any respect for her. I didn't even know that it was possible—losing respect for someone. To the point that every time I'd see her and think about her, all I could remember was how horrible of a human being she was.

I didn't say anything. We've been through this shit before—I didn't know what more I could say to her. I already told her how disappointed and appalled I was of everything she did and she's doing. What more was there to say, really?

"I heard you're getting married."

I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying anything. I really just wanted nothing to do with her. I didn't know how much clearer I needed to be.

"And your dad's invited," she said. She stared at me. I stared back and said nothing. "Will you really not invite me?" she asked.

My phone vibrated. I looked at it and there was a text from Jersey asking me what I wanted to eat for dinner. I looked at my mom and realized that if not for her... maybe Jersey wouldn't be here at all. But still. That didn't excuse all the things she did. Nothing would ever excuse what she did.

"Nikolai—"

I drew a deep breath because I knew she wouldn't stop talking until she gets me to talk—she even followed me here. I was just innocently waiting for my coffee when she ambushed me!

"No, you're not invited," I said.

"Niko—"

"You almost had Jersey killed."

"I did not!" she said. "That was not me!"

"Then let me rephrase it to Jersey almost got killed because of you," I said, staring at her eyes, hoping that maybe this time, she'd finally listen to the words that I was saying.

Because I was serious.

I wasn't just letting time pass.

I wasn't letting myself cool off.

I was done.

As far as I was concerned, she's just someone who gave birth to me. I was thankful for that, but that's literally it. I didn't want her in my life. I didn't want her in my wedding. I didn't want anything from her moving forward.

"Niko—"

I shook my head. "I asked you before, remember? That... business or me. You made your choice—deal with it," I said as I stood up and grabbed my coffee that had already been watered down because of this fucking annoying non-conversation.

"Nikolai Quentin!" she shouted.

That made me stop.

"That's it? You're cutting your mother from your life?!"

"Yes," I replied, bored. "This is literally the fifth time I told you this. You're all kinds of things, but never stupid."

I stared at her.

"I seriously hope this is the last time you'll bother me," I said as I began to walk away. The first time I did this, it was hard... because she was still my mom... But it's true what they say—everything becomes better in time—even walking away from your toxic family.