24th of November 2021

"Happy birthday!"

Louis pries one eye open and glares at his husband who's standing by the bed with a breakfast tray in his hands and a party hat on his head.
"It's a month left to my birthday. What are you doing?"

"Well, since you're turning 30 this year your birthday celebration starts now and will continue every day for thirty days. One day represents each year you had on this earth." Harry grins and puts the tray on the bed.

Louis sits up and grabs the tray and puts it on his lap.
"That's sweet but totally unnecessary. It's just another birthday."

"You deserve to be treated like a prince and I want to celebrate my amazing husband so hush." Harry smiles.

He walks over to their walk-in closet and returns with a present and hands it over. Louis rolls his eyes fondly and puts it next to him.
"Why is there a picture of me as a newborn on top?"

"Well, open the gift and you will find out." Harry winks and takes a seat on the bed. He snatches a piece of bacon from the plate and puts it in his mouth.

Louis rips the paper and throws it on the floor. He opens the box, feeling a little excited about this whole 30 days of celebration, or 31 really since this apparently is the day they celebrate his birth. He peeks inside the box that contains a photo album and a lot of scrapbook items. He looks up at Harry.
"Thanks love. I'm not really the scrapbook kind of guy though but I really appreciate the gift. I love you, you doofus."

Harry giggles.
"I'll help you with the scrapbooking, and that is the first picture. I love you too."

Louis smiles at him and eats the breakfast Harry made for him, ending up sharing half of it with his husband.

They take a long shower together. Harry is home from his tour in the states and even if Louis went to some of the concerts they have spent too much time apart. Harry is planning to make up for it. He's excited for the month leading up to Louis's birthday. He has been planning this for some time now and he has a couple of surprises in store. The fact that Louis is turning 30 blows his mind. It almost feels like yesterday when he bumped into him in a bathroom, peeing all over his shoe. It isn't the best first meeting, that romantic kind, but it's their story and he wouldn't change it for the world.

They sit down in the living room and Louis brings his present along. They spend an hour making the first page of his photo album. Harry writes the time of birth and his measurements on a piece of paper and glues it to the page. In the meantime, Louis has put the picture on the page and glued some scrapbook baby things on there as well. They look at the result.
"Perfect!" Harry grins.

They spend the rest of the day at home cuddling.